Thread: Anyone looking for a hotel roommate for SIGGRAPH?

Anyone looking for a hotel roommate for SIGGRAPH?

Long story short, I can't afford a hotel room on my own. Anyone feel like sharing one? I'm a nice guy in real life, promise! Also, I don't snore. So, anyone up for saving a few hundred bucks and sharing a room with a complete stranger?
    Are my spline guides showing?

Are you planning to stay somewhere high-end, like smack downtown a couple blocks from the convention center? How about a place a short distance away, near trolley station and get something around $100/nt?

San Diego is EXPENSIVE, huh?

(Robert: you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year; you can't go this year)

Hmm, maybe I can go again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze
    Are you planning to stay somewhere high-end, like smack downtown a couple blocks from the convention center? How about a place a short distance away, near trolley station and get something around $100/nt?
    I dunno, I've never been to San Diego before. I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for the convinience of walking distance (anything below three miles is walking distance, I'd say), but not several times more, I guess...

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
    (anything below three miles is walking distance, I'd say),
    Wow, spoken like a true European (or a New Yorker). Most of us lazy folks here in the US cosider anything out of sight and/or throwing distance too far to walk.

San Diego is one of the US' most beautiful cities and has arguably the nicest weather(and thus a large homeless population).

I'm jealous. Have a blast!

Jim

Well, in most cases, I'd say anything below ten miles is walking distance, but I figure I don't have enough time to spend that much just getting around. And I guess the warm weather in San Diego will wreck havock on my swedish physique.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_C
    Wow, spoken like a true European (or a New Yorker). Most of us lazy folks here in the US cosider anything out of sight and/or throwing distance too far to walk.
    LOL! i've lived in europe, nyc and america and that's all too true! unfortunately i know nothing about san diego, except it's in socal, where i have no desire to visit
    We are pirates, we are artists...

Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
    I dunno, I've never been to San Diego before. I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for the convinience of walking distance (anything below three miles is walking distance, I'd say), but not several times more, I guess...
    Something like the Sheraton Harbor Island is around $200/nt, less than 3 mi. scenic bayside walk or take the $1 bus. Or maybe something like La Quinta or Comfort Inn Old Town is probably like $125 and possible to ride the $2 trolley to a stop right in front of the convention center. Or save more by staying further away and get a basic car or use the bus. Pkg was $day when I was there a few weeks ago.

Ballpark costs, so don't quote me. I'll check around if you want. What days are you planning?

Captain, your mailbox if full Goodluck and enjoy

What are the dates for Siggraph this year?