Thread: Is this good news or bad news....?

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA

Is this good news or bad news....?

Oh god, it's awful news. Disney is a money driven bloated corporation that seems to care little about content anymore.
    How about some deceased bugle music for Pixar and Marvel?

if pixar helm these [pixar is part of disney now] than i could be cool...but if it's for chicken little type productions then get a wreath sorted!
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Since Stan Lee is no longer with Marvel, this means that Disney is bringing him onboard to create new characters...we'll see if it's a bust or not.
    Part of the success of the Marvel Comics-based movies is that many grew up reading them or seeing saturday morning cartoons with these characters in them.

I think it's a real gamble to expect success using characters that nobody knows....but then again, the Incredibles was a hit.

Ehhhhh... Big whoop. I think it's not good or bad, just pretty much neutral.

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by AbnRanger
    Since Stan Lee is no longer with Marvel, this means that Disney is bringing him onboard to create new characters...we'll see if it's a bust or not.

Ohh.. wow.. OK. Didn't realize that. That does kind of make it just 'hiring a new guy' kinda thing.

I guess in my limited knowledge I was thinking of Disney redoing the Hulk etc....

Yeah but the whole comic book superhero thing will have blown over (well hopefully cos I'm pretty sick of it already, it's been going ten years or more now) by the time Stan gets his first project green lit let alone into production.

Never saw this show, but Scifi Channel ran a short [probably thankfully] Reality series called "So You Want to be a Super Hero?".

I think Stan's losing it a bit. I thought the commercials for it were quite silly!!!

Actually, I haven't read a single comic book in over 10 years. At one time though, I had about 3,000 comics in my collection. Sold them about 8 years ago. Artwork lately seems to all look the same!!

Hum. I suppose if The Mouse is trying to actually, you know, do something new and original, then it's a good sign. If they're just trying to cash in off a name in the hopes of not having to do something new and original, then it'll be not just disappointing but also not really a shock. Disney stopped being about content a looonnnnnggg time ago.
    Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com
    ...and then I was on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bog
    Disney stopped being about content a looonnnnnggg time ago.
    Yes, I would say at least 20 years ago.

Yeah, I kinda got deeply sick of the whole thing when it just turned into Disney buying the rights to old, classic tales, doing the Squeaky Disney Version, and coming down like a tonne of poo on anyone who tried to "touch their IP" (to whit, do anything with ye classic tales) thereafter. Grumble.

Dunno. I think it's as much a symptom of the current state of content creation in the world today as much as it is just Big Corporate Unpleasantness.
    Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com
    ...and then I was on fire.

i don't believe that disney or 'anyone' hold any right whatsoever to fairy tales the likes of red riding hood, repunzel, hansel and gretel etc..they are 'pubilc domain' ad as such anyone can make a movie, tv show, game or book on them.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!