Thread: Gamma correction node

Gamma correction node

I found it strange that no one (as per a post by Gerardo) has created a gamma correction node. So I spent a whole whopping 10 minutes and whipped on up.
    I clamped the min slider value to 0 and max to 2.0 if for any reason someone thinks this should be different let me know and I'll be more then happy to change it, if it makes sense that is (a max value of 20 surely makes no sense.)
    Not sure why it would be used but it is also enveloped for those occasions I can't think of.
    Enjoy
    gammacnode.zip (right click save as)
    Tim - aurora - Dunn
    WorkStation: AMD64 2x2.8 Ghz / 8gb RAM / Win7-64bit / NVidia GTX 560 Ti

Laptop: Intel i7 8x2Ghz / 16 Gb Ram / WIn7-64bit / GeForce 540M (8.17.12.6780)

Well, gamma correction could be done in standard LW with a node tree already, but I guess it's nice to have it rolled into one.

A reason for it to go above 2.0? Standard gamma for Windows boxes is 2.2, from what I've read.
    8x2.8 Mac Pro, 8 GB RAM, Radeon 2600XT, Mac OS X 10.5.6 (previously: G5 Quad)
    Caution: tech-savvy artist in full-on geek mode. May obsess over technical challenges until solved.

I've already upped the limit to 5 just have not updated the download as I'm talking to a couple of people on adding additional channels to it.
    I'm also 'thinking' about doing a couple more quickies like this one for contrat, hue/saturation, ect.
    Tim - aurora - Dunn

Thank you!

The Color Tool handles Hue, Saturation and Contrast already. It would be good if NT added Gamma to that list too...
    LightWave3D training, assets, news and discussion at www.liberty3d.com
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions of any other entity, Liberty3D is not officially endorsed by NewTek.

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    I might as well plug this here. infiniMap Pro includes a free colour correction node... just like the Color Tool but with gamma.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCCNode_Ui.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	46680  

I have changed the max limit all the way up to 6. You can re-dl it it from the same location.
    gammacnode.zip (right click save as)
    Tim - aurora - Dunn