Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what do You think about Spiderman 3 ? (Spoiler!)

So what do You think about Spiderman 3 ? (Spoiler!)

Never seen a movie with a superhero and so many crying people ....
    "The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday - but never jam to-day." "It MUST come sometimes to "jam to-day,"" Alice objected.

My stuff at YouTube

Sometimes, no answer is an answer, too
    "The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday - but never jam to-day." "It MUST come sometimes to "jam to-day,"" Alice objected.

My stuff at YouTube

yeah, and sometimes an answer is.. 'I havent seen it yet'
    http://www.newtek.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18493&dateline=130857  4707

I haven't seen it yet. But based on the reviews I've heard/read and the clips I've seen on various programs I am not in any hurry to go to the theater and part with a hundred bucks.
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

Newbie Member
    Too many special FX.
    They're abused these days.

I haven't seen it yet so I really shouldn't judge it, but I just can't help myself. I can't really understand why so many have such high hopes for this movie. It looks like it has really cool special effects but I could tell from the previews I had seen it was really lacking in the areas of story and character development. It will probably be a fun movie to see but I wouldn't expect the story to be as good as the first or even the second one. Sometimes you CAN judge a book by it's cover or preview in this case. I am pretty convinced that it lacks depth. I may go to see this one once it hits the cheap theater. I do however have high hopes for Transformers this summer and I plan on seeing that one on the biggest theater screen I can get to!
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Amused
    In both of the first two movies the villians kill themselves after two hours of the hero being shat upon. W T F ?

Not interested in this one at all.

Amazingly Lifelike
    Though the story line gets a bit sappy, and Kirsten Dunst is still in need of acting lessons, the film is worth the price of admission to watch the construction of the Sandman (Lovely!) and the marvy black veiny-looking jumble that infests our hero. Many of the longer action sequences were so complex as to be mind-numbing, and my attention wandered. But go see it during a time when there are likely to be few in the audience and the technical wonders do not disappoint.

One of the main reasons to even consider watching a movie like X-Men or Spiderman is because of the childish wow-factor when the guys/gals use their superpowers. I was hooked on Spiderman and X-Men comics when I was a child, and seeing these movies makes me remember how much I enjoyed those comics.

As someone said, the VFX-stuff these days are sometimes very distracting and I feel somewhat splitted when it comes to Spidermans somewhat cartoony moves. The main thing is that sometimes it looks very animated, and sometimes it just looks and feels right.

I wouldn't say NO if they decide to make a 4:th movie.... after all, I do enjoy these kind of things...
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

I don't mind the FX, think it was great. But the story... omg.

(SPOILER WARNING!)

I had a very bad feeling when I heard that cheesy voice over in the beginning, and I wasn't "disappointed". The Story was ridiculous even in terms of a superhero movie. That strange comet containing this black goo, just falling down in the Park (without any explanation what it is and where it came from) , and attaching itself to Peter Parkers moped by chance ? Or the Sandman - doesn't mind to kill a dozen policemen (or at least, endanger there lives recklessly) - and crying in the end?

My stuff at YouTube

Alice & I plan on going tomorrow with our Godchildren & kids.
    Our hopes are to have a rip-roaring good time.
    I'll let you know if the 11-15 kids think the plot is stupid or it's simply fun.

We're counting on the later for our Sunday afternoon.

Oh .... Pirates, Transformers, and Fantastic Four are future planned outings. Just thought I'd point out another perspective on this issue.

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

Or perhaps not so great Mark The Great's Avatar
    On the whole, the plot was VERY like a comic book...

Yeah, that meteor came out of nowhere.

However, I loved it and didn't mind having to employ willing suspension of disbelief.

Actually the meteor didn't come out of nowhere. They were in the park watching a metor shower overhead. You guys didn;t see those "shooting stars"?

I enjoyed the movie overall. The script was bad. The suit was featured more as set of clothes than as a living creature. The attitude change in Peter was good, but the attitude change in Spiderman seemed forgotten. Personaly I would have used this movie as an introduction to the symbiote and the ended with the birth of Venom setting up the fourth film. As it was, there was too much going on. Venom is perhaps Spidermans ultimate enemy (sorry classic Spidey fans) and his creation and defeat seemed too rushed. The establishment of the Eddie Brock character was going nicely then at the end it was like they rushed it because they were running out of time.

The Harry Osbourn character also needed more time to develope. His mood swings were so abrubt that it made them hard to find believable. They did it well in the first film with the father but it didn't seem to work in this one. More time for the character developement!

I thought the fight scene at the beginning could have been the end to this movie. A tragic fight that ends in Harry Osbourn's death pushes Peter to finaly rid himself of the violent symbiote. The symbiote would then find Brock and the birth of Venom is the closing shot that makes the audience scream because the movie is OVER!!!

I know that many fans would have freaked out if they had put in the black suite and Venom not appeared. But I think it could have been done if they had leaked it ahead of time so people didn't expect to see Venom then end with a surprise cameo of the villain.

The story arc for the Sandman was handled perfectly I thought. They establish the man. The event that transforms him looks like the sand effects from The Mummy on steroids. Even the ending I was good with. Not exactly true to the comics but still done well.

I'm sure they crammed two movies into one and will make a couple million extra in merchandising because of it. But, it really shot a fourth movie with Venom in the foot costing them hundreds of millions.

I just saw that the Roper and Ebert show gave it a thumbs down.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Or perhaps not so great Mark The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter2999
    Actually the meteor didn't come out of nowhere. They were in the park watching a metor shower overhead. You guys didn;t see those % stars"?

I enjoyed the movie overall. The script was bad. The suit was featured more as set of clothes than as a living creature. The attitude change in Peter was good, but the attitude change in Spiderman seemed forgotten. Personaly I would have used this movie as an introduction to the symbiote and the ended with the birth of Venom setting up the fourth film. As it was, there was too much going on. Venom is perhaps Spidermans ultimate enemy (sorry classic Spidey fans) and his creation and defeat seemed too rushed. The establishment of the Eddie Brock character was going nicely then at the end it was like they rushed it because they were running out of time.

The Harry Osbourn character also needed more time to develope. His mood swings were so abrubt that it made them hard to find believable. They did it well in the first film with the father but it didn't seem to work in this one. More time for the character developement!

I thought the fight scene at the beginning could have been the end to this movie. A tragic fight that ends in Harry Osbourn's pushes Peter to finaly rid himself of the violent symbiote. The symbiote would then find Brock and the birth of Venom is the closing shot that makes the audience scream because the movie is % !!

I know that many fans would have freaked out if they had put in the black suite and Venom not appeared. But I think it could have been done if they had leaked it ahead of time so people didn't expect to see Venom then end with a surprise cameo of the villain.

The story arc for the Sandman was handled perfectly I thought. They establish the man. The event that transforms him looks like the sand effects from The Mummy on steroids. Even the ending I was good with. Not exactly true to the comics but still done well.

I'm sure they crammed two movies into one and will make a couple million extra in merchandising because of it. But, it really shot a fourth movie with Venom in the foot costing them hundreds of millions.
    I mean that that its origin was untold - i.e. it came out of nowhere into the story.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast