Thread: Terminal

Terminal

Hi all,

I designed this terminal as a basis for the corporate identity for a client who does ICT consulting. The client didnt like it and the idea got dropped but I thought I'd show it to you guys anyway. Rendered in Kray.

ps: posted on Kray forums too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terminal.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	257.9 KB 
ID:	44754  
    Last edited by Sarford; 04-01-2007 at 04:20 PM.
    MacBook Pro quad core 2,6Ghz, 8Gb ram
    Mac Pro dual Intel quad core 2.8 Ghz, 8Gb ram, Quadro 4000

my website and 2011 showreel
    http://www.simonglas.net

Very nice. Add a bitemark on the other side and you could call it "bits and bytes".

If the concept is that they "put together" a solution for you. Then maybe have the pieces floating just above where they belong, so it looks like "the pieces are all falling into place".

Your piece looks good but, it looks like the machine is broken. Unless that was the point, in which case its perfect

Freelance Filmmakers ghostlight's Avatar
    Perhaps if the pieces were falling into place from above, a-la that car commercial where it's being built from legos falling into place...

very nice picture, and giving such a inspiration.

i noticed some segmentation in the keyboard corners... but apart of this, very nice job
    sorry for my broken english.

Thanks for all the replies guys

@ evenflcw:LOL, well, his comment was that he'd rather see a ipod or macbook instead of this old terminal... so it might have been not such a bad idea (apple logo has also a bite taken out) :P

@ Tzan and ghostlight: Not a bad idea but he doesn't install or suply things, more helps corporations when ict projects go wrong, help them make the right software choises, asses system recources etc.
    The idea behind this thing was that you have to 'take the system apart' to see where the problem is, the client sells his consultancy in modules and this thing is in parts (modules) and it had to show a bit that he is so good that its like kids-play for him so the thing looks a bit like a kids toy (building blocks). Anyhow, its all in the past now

@Vladiz: Thanks man You are right about the keybord. I had mistaken the 'subdive' comand for the 'freeze' comand thats why the corners are a bit blocky.
    MacBook Pro quad core 2,6Ghz, 8Gb ram
    Mac Pro dual Intel quad core 2.8 Ghz, 8Gb ram, Quadro 4000

my website and 2011 showreel
    http://www.simonglas.net