Thread: Texturing with Weightmaps and Nodes - How?

Texturing with Weightmaps and Nodes - How?

Seems I ran into another problem...

When I have several weight maps in one object, and want to give any of them a different color, using nodes, how do I do that?

I understand that I can use a color node, a weight map node and a mixer node to put two colors on the object, but what to do when I want to have more color (bumps, etc.), on one object, where I use the weight maps as alpha... nodes(?).

Example: I have 3 weight maps. the overall color of the object shall be red, wmap 1 blue, wmap 2 green and wmap 3 yellow.
    "The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday - but never jam to-day." "It MUST come sometimes to "jam to-day,"" Alice objected.

My stuff at YouTube

Guess there are several possibilities:

a) the answer is so easy and obvious that everybody is ashamed that I asked.

b) the answer is so complicated that nobody wants to explain it.

c) it's not possible with nodes.

d) everybody enjoys their rightly deserved weekend

e) every logically coherent combination of a, b, c or d.
    "The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday - but never jam to-day." "It MUST come sometimes to "jam to-day,"" Alice objected.

My stuff at YouTube

I've solved it now with layers. But I really would like to know how this is done with nodes. Being able to apply several skin areas is essential for texturing / surfacing an organic object, and there has to be a way to do that with nodes...

My stuff at YouTube