Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creation Studio still seeking full time 3D artist

Creation Studio still seeking full time 3D artist

Creation Studio Ltd www.creationstudio.co.uk have just been commissioned to remake a childrens TV series and are looking for at least one enthusiastic and keen full time 3D artist to join our team. Knowledge and examples of both modelling and animation in Lightwave is essential.

Please send your CV along with a portfolio to [email protected]. We are looking for a full time candidate who will be working at our studio in essex, UK (currently based in Ongar, due to move to Rayleigh near Chelmsford/Southend very soon).

Hours are 9am till 5pm weekdays and salary is related to experience, qualification and skill (skill being the most important of them all). We are looking to hold interviews as soon possible - date extended due to lack of applicants...

You will be joining an exciting and fun team, and the project will involve a great deal of character modelling and animation, and much much more...

I'm amazed you had a lack of applicants. I'm not experienced in characters myself, but plenty are... come on people!

Good luck of finding you new artist!

Cheers
    Craig A Clark
    Scorpio CGI
    My TWITTER

Unemployed...EMPLOY ME! kilvano's Avatar
    I fancied applying but im not great at character modeling.

Environment, rigging and animating im good at. Plus i live in Scotland and im trying to move to Canada.

Good luck with the hunt
    17" MacBook Pro 2.4 C2D, 4Gb Ram, 256Mb 8600Gt
    www.designthings.net

Applicant required

Tell us about it - our first posting last week we had zero applicants - is there nobody out there who wants a great 3D job!!!

Chris - we have to create pretty much everything, so character modelling isn't the only thing you have to do - please feel free to submit a CV and some examples of your work I will be happy to look at it...

would you be interested in some freelnce work done in America?
    I know you didn't ask...but worht a shot ;-)

would consider freelance

Please contact me at [email protected] and we can discuss more, I would consider it if the price was right. I am impressed by the characters you have done on your website.
    Regards
    Tony

This is really surprising! In the past when I've applied to Lightwave-based jobs in the UK there has been a lot of competition...mainly from folks who have worked on Captain Scarlet. Haha.
    Hope the search is going well Tony. BTW, did you get a suitable graduate for that position last year?
    Technical Illustrator & 3D Artist

Dell Precision 690 Workstation:
    2x 3GHz Intel Xeon Dual Core, 2Gb RAM, NVIDIA QuadroFX 3500

Dell Precision M90 Notebook

Quote Originally Posted by SirToastaLot
    have worked on Captain Scarlet. Haha.
    Hope the search is going well Tony.
    vast majority of us are working in Soho now I think, so the numbers have settled somewhat.

Cheers!
    Craig A Clark
    Scorpio CGI
    My TWITTER

I've heard a few companies mention that they aren't getting many applicants. I have more work than I want at the moment so I'm not looking but here's just a couple comments from the other side of the fence that might help gain more interest.

First, creating and sending a CV and portfolio takes time and money. Most of us are way too busy. We often spend major time and effort to send off all this stuff and often get no response at all. Wasted time.

Perhaps ask for online or email samples first. THEN if it looks good ask for all that stuff. Much quicker, much less wasted time. Remember, GOOD people are BUSY. You don't want the ones that have a lot of extra time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't CV stand for Corriculum Vitae or something like that and wasn't that for people applying for education jobs (professors and the like)? Again, extra work and how does a CV help someone animate?

Then again, what do I know, I'm not in human resources and don't have a degree in it. Maybe I'm just a Canadian crackpot. (quite likely)
    Last edited by creativecontrol; 04-04-2007 at 10:44 PM.
    Core 2 Quad, 8Gig, NV8800GTS, Vista64bit

My Aviation Art: www.actionart.ca
    My Day Job: www.creativecontrol.ca

I live in the USA, and have moved four times in the last 10 years for jobs. Now I want to stay put and work at home in Lightwave.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by creativecontrol
    I've heard a few companies mention that they aren't getting many applicants. I have more work than I want at the moment so I'm not looking but here's just a couple comments from the other side of the fence that might help gain more interest.

First, creating and sending a CV and portfolio takes time and money. Most of us are way too busy. We often spend major time and effort to send off all this stuff and often get no response at all. Wasted time.

Perhaps ask for online or email samples first. THEN if it looks good ask for all that stuff. Much quicker, much less wasted time. Remember, GOOD people are BUSY. You don't want the ones that have a lot of extra time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't CV stand for Corriculum Vitae or something like that and wasn't that for people applying for education jobs (professors and the like)? Again, extra work and how does a CV help someone animate?

Then again, what do I know, I'm not in human resources and don't have a degree in it. Maybe I'm just a Canadian crackpot. (quite likely)
    You are correct in the abbreviation of CV, but it isn't education specific, it is simply the English equivilant of saying Resume. However it is possible our cousins on the otherside of the pond might not realise that.... not sure.

I think part of the problem is that Soho is sucking up HUGE numbers of people right now.... perhaps the knock on effect is that smaller studios away from Soho will see a fall off in availability.

Cheers!
    Craig A Clark
    Scorpio CGI
    My TWITTER

Took a quick look at your site there Craig. Extreemly nice work!! Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by CAClark
    I think part of the problem is that Soho is sucking up HUGE numbers of people right now.... perhaps the knock on effect is that smaller studios away from Soho will see a fall off in availability.

Cheers!

Is that Soho in Toronto or have I got the wrong one? What are they up to that they need that many people?

Hehe - I assume he's on about Soho in London, the area with more 3D artists per square foot than the entire NAB show
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast