Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extension Idea

Extension Idea

This is an extension to my own house which I drew up over the weekend and visualised for my wife's benefit. The kitchen is an existing extension (although it currently looks nothing like this) and the dining/family area is proposed.

Rendered overnight at 2400x1800 with FPrime.

C&c welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brunstane_sm.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	42629  

Dielectric Noder
    Very interesting... a very nice extension too. About the render where was it done in fPrime or lightwave?

nice work iain. lighting is top notch and your sense of design is also very good. bet your wife appreciates your 3d skills especially at times like this. gives them a very precise and multi-directional view instead of walking around with color cards and imagining. i did a deck for my sister's house. just a rough model. and without any textures or background in place, she already realized that she didn't like it. so now she's sent me about 40 pics of her house and she wants me to model the whole thing and then make changes... maybe they appreciate us too much...

Funny you should say that Borkus-I now have a detailed materials spec to do a 270 degree turnaround

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Lovely image Only problem will be when you have to make the real thing look as good as that

Are you going to stick a slant on that roof? I know you're not asking for advice but we have a large flat(ish) clear roof on an extension and it's a right royal pain in the arse to keep clean. Next one will have skylights in but maximised window openings for light, and a reasonably hefty slope (to about 11ft internal height at the one end, sloping to about 7ft at the lowest) so the rain washes dirt off. I do so like the light though!!
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Sinner Saved by Grace Larry_g1s's Avatar
    Very nice render. Lighting and modeling are top notch. The only critic is minor, and it would be the pillows on the couch, they just look a bit odd. It's very minor, and doesn't take away from a very nice arch viz. render.
    Larry Vasquez | Genesis One Studios | company showreel

Someday, I will be a CG animator (student at iAnimate.net).

Iain,

Well you messed up big time. Now she is going to not only want you to do this for other home projects, but she is going to expect the real thing to be done.

Next time, make it look like cr__ and she will change her mind.
    Charles T. Gaushell - Chief Idea Architect / Founder
    Paradigm Marketing & Creative

www.2dimes.com
    www.2dimesmotion.com

Thanks for the comments.
    The roof is sloping a little-the beams taper down from left to right in the picture but I haven't given it a lot of thought at this stage. No doubt everything will change drastically before long

I did try to keep things grounded rather than go all Grand Designs and then have to let 'the client' down gently.

What do you find odd about the cushions, juggernaut? They're almost identical to the cushions I have on a sofa

I agree with those above who say that its a superb render, and with those who say that now you made a mess for your self....

by now i bet your wife is coming home with thick IKEA catalogs and will soon as you to rerender it all with randomly chosen IKEA furniture....several times, with different furniture, just for comparison.

and when you finally think she is done with it...she will ask you to modell expensive art (statues and such, Oddity style), not that you would buy such things now....but perhaps in the future when you maybe win in a lottery, it would be great not to have to rebuild/paint the house for the art to fit in.

this is a never-ending project...

you should have done the same as i did...hand the wife a "kitchen-design" cd from ikea...its all 3D and everything, she can do it all by herself.

An update.

The bathroom being extended means there is a smaller dining area. No glass roof so a rooflight and full length sliding doors instead.

The bathroom is early wip but the area where the bath is has been claimed from the new extension. Complicated to explain floor plans isn't it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brunstane4_sm.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	42871   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bathroom.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	258.0 KB 
ID:	42873  

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    An update.

The bathroom being extended means there is a smaller dining area. No glass roof so a rooflight and full length sliding doors instead.

The bathroom is early wip but the area where the bath is has been claimed from the new extension. Complicated to explain floor plans isn't it?
    The new bathroom looks great, except for two minor details:

1. The medicine cabinet is far too empty and neat.
    2. Where are the hot and cold faucets for the sink?

Thanks paulk.
    The water is controlled by a discrete lever on the other side of the bowl.

Great renders Iain!
    Do Placebos cause side-effects?
    If so, are the side-effects real?

At least now she knows what you do at work all day!

Top notch work as usual!

UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Dielectric Noder
    really nice render Iain. good design in its simplicity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast