Thread: TMPGEnc DVD Author V3 is released

TMPGEnc DVD Author V3 is released

Just released (Feb. 15, 2007). Introductory special of only $67.95 (or an upgrade for only $54.95) - TMPGEnc DVD Author 3.0.

Many of you (myself included) know and like TMPGEnc DVD author. It is probably the fastest way to create nice menus for a DVD disc when you record to one of the real time DVD recorders with a hard drive. I haven't done a lot of testing on it yet (just one small project) but I really like the new features. Divx encoding, DV and HDV capture, more input formats (including Quicktime), multi-core processor support, Dolby digital audio support and shrink video to fit media. This could be a good companion for SpeedEDIT.

Thanks for that. Hopefully with SE's better rendering options it won't be as much hit and miss as I've heard.
    Any HD options? I'll have to check it out.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    It definately includes DivX HD support... For playback on computer or on DivX HD certified stand-alone players...

Though I'm not clear, it is the actual TMPGEnc encoder engine inside it?

If so, the best way to get SE projects into it would be with a VTP loader just like VT[4], correct?
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

I figured Eugene would show up here to save the day.
    By the way, nice picture Eugene. Much more like what I saw last NAB.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

I forgot to mention, that TMPGEnc DVD Author is still my favorite and fastest way to get a DVD (or the DVD files) into a single mpg2 file. We record all of our live video productions direct to DVD and with TMPGEnc DVD Author it allows us to rip those DVDs to a file that can be edited in SpeedEDIT.

Hi Gordon. I am a TMPGEnc user, and I have always been intrigued by TMPGEnc DVD Author, but have never really looked into it. I use DVD Workshop Pro that came with VT4.

Have you used DVD Workshop Pro? If so I would be interested in knowing a comparison of the two packages?
    Kevin Washington

With the latest version (3) of TMPGEnc DVD Author and it's included Divx encoding (an option - otherwise standard MPeg2 with Dolby Digital Audio), easy subtitle creation, secondary audio channel, TMDA seems to have an advantage of the standard version of Ulead DVD workshop that came with VT[4], with the exception that UDVDW would load a VT[4] project file (using "save as" avi project) so there was no pre-rendering required. That is a big advantage with UDVDW. I only create basic DVDs and both programs cover the basics quite well with standard things like motion menus, chapter markers, etc. I found UDVDW a bit more difficult to learn than TMDA.

One thing that really irks me with TMDA is the periodic on-line verification. If you don't have the machine connected to the internet, he does give you quite a few days to get connected to verify ownership of the software. Nevertheless, I hate dial home devices and almost didn't purchase the software for that reason alone.

hmm, to bad, it's useless for me. my video computer doesn't have an internet connection.

Gordon,
    I have been emailed about this because of Chapterpoints.
    Can you take in a marker list ??
    If so then it would make DVD authoring in SE much much sweeter.
    Just edit VTP and and go? Can you use VTP?

Bob
    bobt_at_bobfx_com
    www.bobfx.com
    Bob Tasa

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Ah, Bob... You mean with VT[4], not with SpeedEDIT...

Remember, SpeedEDIT does NOT have a VTP loader to TMPGEnc or any other application, nor an AVI wrapper.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions