Thread: Curve to Polychain

Curve to Polychain

I just downloaded the old plugin curve to polychain. Im just curious since this is an older plugin has this feature been added to LW9?

Im to lazy to check
    Last edited by KSTAR; 02-12-2007 at 10:57 PM.
    Kevin Washington

LW wave does it natively - no plugin needed - since I am not sure when. In short, you just extrude the shape or curve, delete the new points created and you have a polychain that you can select from your polygon stats window.

Check out this video:

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/T...dlines_2pp.mov
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PolyChainHead.gif 
Views:	126 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	42263  
    Last edited by Surrealist.; 02-13-2007 at 12:13 AM.

Oh yeah I remember this video and this technique. Thanks for the info. Though its older the points to polychain plugin is still quite useful though. Either would have saved me time when I modeled the longitude and lattitude lines on a globe one 2point poly at a time Doh!
    Kevin Washington

Ouch!

What else does that plugin do? And how is the LW scene in Portland?

It basically has the function of rail extrude. So you can draw a curve and create a polychain by length or nots or autmatic. You can keep or delete the curve. A nice little freebie thats been around since 5.6 I think

The LW scene in Portland is not bad. Though I think the majority are independants. Back in the day when Will Vintons Studio was around they were initially a LW house. I think the LW community in Portlands hey day was the late 80's early 90's right during and right after the migration from the Amiga. We had a local access show that was all things Amiga with a lot of LW content. We also have a Newtek dealer Clackamas Computers that has been here since the Amiga days. Also we have a major studio, Lakai owned by Nike founder Phil Knight which is the old Vinton Studios bought out and renamed a few years back. It looks like he plans to make it major player. He sure has the resources to do so. My guess they will use all available 3D platforms.

For me Im ever an independant. So I dont get out much like my younger days, Im to busy workin to pay the bills,though it would be nice to see a LW community again here locally
    Kevin Washington