Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Modeler v9 Takes for ever to come to life!

Newbie Member

Modeler v9 Takes for ever to come to life!

Ok, be nice, this is my first post. I've only had Lightwave for all of 36 hours and have discovered some really neat things. For example, and I can't guarantee this link will remain good forever, but with WireFusion 4.1, I was able to pull this off: http://www.azuritedesign.com/StoneSp.../java_applets/ (left click to pan, right click to zoom, try changing textures)

Cool stuff, but when I switch applications between the Modeler (v9) and other things, returning to the Modeler just seems like it takes forever to "wake up" and respond to my commands. It's this the nature of the beast, or is my computer not adequate:

Dell XPS 410 Media Guru Edition
    Windows XP Home Media PC Edition
    250 GB Hard Drive
    2 GB RAM (room for 2 more GB, which I'm seriously considering)
    nVidia 7300 LE graphics card hooked up to 2 - 19" flat panel monitors.

Occasionally the Modeler will just die. Which from reading the posts, this is not exactly an uncommon event.

What do I need to do differently to stay productive here?

Newbie Member

Almost forgot

I'm running a Intel(r) Dual Core(TM) 2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13 Ghz/2.13 Ghz

Some people say it's the hub causing the trouble. You need to disable it, though it's a bit more awkward if you've come to depend on the hub like I have. I can normally use it fine with no hang-ups but every now and again I need to resort to my special 'no-hub' versions of Layout & Modeler.

Just do a search on here for 'disabling hub' and I'm sure the process will turn up - it's fairly simple
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

To disable the Hub, find the shortcut that runs Modeler, and add a -0 to the command line.

I had a thing with Modeler taking ages to start, though - deleting the configs (from C:\Documents and Settings\Username) sometimes helped.
    Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com
    ...and then I was on fire.

Be that as it may, I would like for the software I've paid for to work properly. Mine has gone out again, for no aparent reason it now locks up on load. Take out dongle and starts up instantly in discovery. Do -0 and same thing. This is about the fifth time this has happened. I usually just reinstall the system because I'm tired of fooling with it. If 9.2 dosen't fx this I'm going to have some words for someone.....

Casey
    (grumble,grumble,grumble...)

TrueArt Support
    To fix LW9 hub issue without disabling hub open folder C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\ then delete LWHUB9.CFG file, or edit it so it doesn't have duplicated entries.. You can just copy'n'paste one good version of this file.. During operating on this file make sure no LightWave nor hub is running, because it overwrites it at the quitting..

dynamics...so much fun ;) prospector's Avatar
    I think that Windows XP (which LW uses or is called for by Newtek) is different from yours? Not sure of the differences, but it must be different (hence the name), which may not be totally compatable.

Just a thought.
    Skype...lost_in_3d_space

Sager
    I7-4800 OC'd to 3.3 GHz
    12G 1600mhz mem
    GTX 765M , 765 cores 1.5 Gig mem
    256 gigs raided SSD drive

try disabling your network connections, internet connections and the like ... works fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilon
    try disabling your network connections, internet connections and the like ... works fine for me
    I'm running dual boot WinXp 32 (with Internet) / WinXp 64 (no Internet connection)

In XP64 bit Lightwave runs fine and the hub works perfectly! No Internet but then there are no distractions...

In XP 32 I experience a delay with LW firing up of approx 1 minute. Try disabling MSN and spending time configuring your firewall software. Many users warn against Norton, but works OK here. I had problems with iTunes and eventually deleted it from the system.
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation, facial rigging, modelling ArtStation
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

Newbie Member
    Well.... You're going to hate me, but all I did was reboot my computer. And it appears to respond normally again.

hahahahaha. Soooooooooo much for all the "High tech" advise slash comments. It's a shame, good software, companies, products, etc get beatup because users fail to follow basic steps.
    be a billionaire, share your wealth

This has been an ongoing issue with v9. For me the problem was Zone Alarm interfering with the Hub. I had to change firewalls. If you continue to have trouble, you might want to try different firewalls. I use Comodo now with no trouble.
    Core 2 Quad, 8Gig, NV8800GTS, Vista64bit

My Aviation Art: www.actionart.ca
    My Day Job: www.creativecontrol.ca

hub always behave like that unless you tell hub not do that anymore.

first close modeler/layout/hub, especially
    the hub, otherwise the hub will remodified your "modified" version of LWHUB9.CFG.

here is :

use notepad or any editor you like,open LWHUB9.CFG , find and delete all the duplicated entries.

the most IMPORTANT step is change the properties of LWHUB9.CFG to "READ ONLY" . this will prevent hub.exe from adding dup entried into this file.

that's it.

Solution to Slow Load

I tried that suggestion about duplicate entries and read only for the Hub. Hope It works. I've been using LW without the hub for a week or two without a hitch. Except there's no Hub connection.
    J Michael Carrigan
    I just had an attack. Malware.
    But now I have a DESKTOP from Xidax. Not the best but pretty dang good.

hope there wil be an "intergrated" version someday, yes, someday...........

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast