Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vue 6 x-Stream

Newbie Member

Vue 6 x-Stream

I was wondering if anyone here is using Vue 6 x-stream with LW9?
    If so, does it work as advertised?
    I haven't used Vue since version 4, but my experience with that is that there were many things in the program that took them a loooonnnggg time to fix and some things they never quite did, so I'm kinda leery about anything new from them that hasn't had 13 patches or so released yet.
    They claim a perfect integration to LW, meaning everything in the Vue scene can be exported to LW via the x-stream plugin.
    Sounds too good to be true, and you know what they say about that.
    Compaq Presariblow
    Windows 3.0.0.1 - Voodoo I graphics, 16 MB - 500 mb generic HD, Pentium .5 [email protected] 84.5 MhZ - 64 Mb RAM - 13.5" monitor - 28K dialup - 1'x2.5' desk...

The Arts are alive in me tonybliss's Avatar
    I use it and it works perfect so far!! I am still in r and d stage but all is perfect so far. Oh by the way, nothing is exported to LW, it works 'inside' of LW! Almost seamless integration.

World is carzy I'm not jesusguijarro's Avatar
    Yes it works inside LW, but like it is Beta Light exclusion dosenīt work at the moment, but is going to be fixed in a future version.

yep still have some fixes, but it works nicely and it is god to know there will be fixes.

Newbie Member
    Thank you for the replies. I guess I need to read up on it more. I hadn't really done that, because I didn't want to be swayed too much by their info before I heard from at least a few people who are actually using it.
    Compaq Presariblow
    Windows 3.0.0.1 - Voodoo I graphics, 16 MB - 500 mb generic HD, Pentium .5 [email protected] 84.5 MhZ - 64 Mb RAM - 13.5" monitor - 28K dialup - 1'x2.5' desk...

I have xStream 6 (also had 5) and it works well with LW9, not counting stuff like light exclusion that Jesus pointed out (I've also had crashes, need to use perspective cam, etc.). It definitely makes it way easy to get Vue content into an LW scene.

If you'll be using Poser content, note that Poser anims/dynamics won't work in xStream 6 when used with LW (licensing issue, we're told).

Also, xStream 6 (unlike 5) can run in standalone mode, which makes it Vue 6 - so, you're getting two products in one.
    Last edited by Sekhar; 01-20-2007 at 10:44 AM.

I've got it and used it but you can lose expressions occasionally, though I assume this will be fixed on final release.

Has anyone had any luck creating animations with reasonable rendering time and quality?
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

animations, I now got messiah and I have the three of them open working nicely
    with each other, rigg/animate in messiah position in lw, set up scene in VueX;
    The nitty grits well time will tell, its still in pre release

hello can anyone confirm that render in LW is not multi threaded with Xstream render ?

titane357

For me the LW rendered part is not multi threaded. And as well the Vue part ist not 100% multi threaded, because when one half of the Vue part is rendered, then there is only 50% CPU usage. So I can confirm this as well.

Best regards.

Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Arn
    titane357

For me the LW rendered part is not multi threaded. And as well the Vue part ist not 100% multi threaded, because when one half of the Vue part is rendered, then there is only 50% CPU usage. So I can confirm this as well.

Best regards.

Fritz
    Has any one report this bug to e-on software?

Just check out their boards...
    people are reporting the bugs, no problems.

Can't wait for this to be finalized.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

Do e-on offer dual quad Xeon for pre-release customers ?

May the sauce be with you starbase1's Avatar
    Although it's the extreme version being discussed here, I have been working with V5i, (the V9 upgrade freebie), and have been rather impressed with what can be exported to Lightwave, such as skies and plants.

In particular rendering sky maps is so easy I am not sure why anyone wopuld pay the huge amount extra for Ozone unless they needed animated skies...

Nick
    Faith is the opposite of Intelligence.

Touched by his noodley appendage!
    My Lightwave Graphics & Downloads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by starbase1
    Although it's the extreme version being discussed here, I have been working with V5i, (the V9 upgrade freebie), and have been rather impressed with what can be exported to Lightwave, such as skies and plants.

In particular rendering sky maps is so easy I am not sure why anyone wopuld pay the huge amount extra for Ozone unless they needed animated skies...

Nick
    Vue 6 infinite is far away better than vue 5, new atmosferes, better render times, better radiosity and much more. Also importing object from Lw to vue is better than in Vue 5.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast