Thread: Atom Motion Blur

Atom Motion Blur

Hello all,
    I’m going to try to explain this as best I can. I am making an atom with spinning electrons. I am using hypervoxels for the trails behind the electrons. The trails taper off to a nice point at the end, and the trails follow in a nice circle around the nucleus (see attached render). My problem is I cannot get the motion blur on the hypervoxels to follow the circular path in which the electrons travel. The particle emitter is parented to their respective electron, which is then parented to a null which is spinning at the center. The motion blur which the particles are currently producing flair out away from the center, as they are inheriting centrifugal force. Is there any way to keep the particles in line with their respective path and have a nice long motion blur on them?
    Thanks for all your help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wrong Motion Blur.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	261.5 KB 
ID:	39952 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atom.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	39953
    Jeff
    Pentium D 3GHz, 2GB Ram, GeForce 7800GTX, Win XP Pro

You may want to approach this another way, because to get the outward blur to go away you'd want to put "Parent Motion" to 0%, which means the particles don't consider the emitters' motion. But then they don't move at all. If you have enough particles with HV they can look soft and you can fade them off.

There was some discussion about trails with some cool results, searching for that on the forum will probably dig up something if you need more. CelShader was one person who had a solution, search for her too.
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)

Theres a few ways to do it:
    1. Model the particle trail behind each electron and apply HVs to it.
    2. Model the trail and apply the inertial plugin or FIs Lagmotion to it. This model can be a solid object or a particle cloud created in modeler. HVs can be used or not.
    3. Tobys suggestion would work too. Just use a gradient with the electron as the reference object based on distance or a particle age based gradient to dissolve out the HVs as the electron travels.