Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny old things, forums.

Funny old things, forums.

It's odd. I've been freelance for darn near 11 years now (It will, in fact, be 11 years on the 4th of March 2007), and over the time that I've been working alone, I've kept in touch with LightWavers around the globe through all kinds of different methods - email, IRC, the LightWaveMailingList, SpinQuad, Here.

It's probably because I'm a smidge emotional - been a year of some major breakthroughs, to be sure, but it's also been a good couple of years since I've had what could be construed a "vacation" - that I feel the urge to thank you all for your knowledge, your insights into difficult problems, your knowledge of the various systems, subsystems, plugins, techniques, work-arounds, kludges and outright hacks that constitute the material end of being a LightWave animator.

But more than that, thank you for your wit, your patience, your friendliness and your warmth. For making those times when I'm sat here shoving 'gons at oh-dark-hundred for the 40th day running without a break a bit more tolerable.

Thanks for being out there, gentlebeings. It's been great starting to actually meet up with some of you for sillies and beers, playing kick-the-meme over pints and tapas, and just for continuing to let me know that while the road is rough and uphill, I'm not doing it on my own - and neither are you.

Selah.
    Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com
    ...and then I was on fire.

Bog are you okay? You're not dying are you?

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclasty
    Bog are you okay? You're not dying are you?

Hahahahaha, crap no, you buggers aren't lucky enough to get rid o'me that easy

What. A guy can't just sit back and say he's glad to be in a place?

Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com

You're sitting back and getting drunk on scotch, aren't you?

Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

I wish. I'm on antibiotics at the mo, so I'm not even allowed my usual weekend lungful!

Nah, I'm just honoured and happy to share such a brilliant space with people. I don't need to be ethanoically inconvenieced to say that. If I was dwunk I'd find one of oDDity's posts to go take exception to
    Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com

Bog, I am honored to share this space with someone with your sense of humor.

And I with you, old stick. We've seen a lot of stuff, this space, and we've all been our own selves in a lot of different ways, and we're all doing different things - but not so different under the skin.

I just beleive in speaking my positive thoughts, is all - and it's a privilege and an honour to brave the slings and arrows of clients, deadlines, hardware failures, software glitches and real life kicking us in the crotch with all of you.

So anyone who's got a bit of positive to share, here's a place for it. Do feel free.
    Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com

Quick reply, glad to be with you all in this!
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

sure beats bagging sand for a living!
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Aye - it's struck me recently too how much I rely on you people in these forums generally since starting to work on my own. I've laughed on here, not yet cried (though some posts bring me close to tears of laughter), met people I now work with but have never met!, talked to so many people whose work I knew before them. If I have a LW problem I come straight here knowing that at least one person will have a ****ed good stab at helping me (and at least two people will crack a funny about it).

So totally agree Bog - it's a special place for special people
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

yup, we all seem to fall into the 'special needs' category!..lw that is!....that's one joke...one more to come...
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

I agree I love these forums always so helpful. Bog your posts are always a joy to read.

Crossed the mantle...CORE Twisted_Pixel's Avatar
    I dont often reply here, but i read these forums everyday. Your posts always lighten the day Bog

Im only starting to take my future with Lightwave seriously now, but seeing the joy that all of you get from working with it. Gives me hope that its all worth the change.

Hopefully many more years of joy to come from here.
    Last edited by Twisted_Pixel; 12-09-2006 at 08:06 PM.

I am proud to be among the lightwave community. It is a hope of mine to one day get a chance to meet you all in person. Even though I have not met anybody I still like to call most of you my friend. I had to remove spammers from the list.
    Take care and wish all of you a happy holiday.
    Silk
    Silkrooster.com - temporarily offline due to updating...
    Spinquad Forum - Closed Sorry...
    lightwave-resources.pdf - - temporarily offline due to updating...

Now with 42% more Pope! liquidpope's Avatar
    I love everything about 3D, especially the Lightwave Community. There's lots of other apps out there, but the main reason I stick with LW is the community. Sure there's the occassional oDD-ball here and there, but every family has that. The weird uncle, the crazy in-laws... Box o' chocolates and all that.
    I've probably learned more here with you guys than anywhere else. (and of course the "Inside LW" series. Thanks, Dan!)
    So, my Lightwave family, thank you for many years of being there. You guys rock! And to the weird uncles and crazy in-laws, you guys rock too, but in a very different way. And that's OK.

May the Nodes be with you.
    Ron Jeremy is NOT my dad!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast