Thread: BT product renders

BT product renders

Two shots from a recent job, modeled in LW9-64bit and rendered in Maxwell v1.1.
    A few more examples can be found on the BT website, hope you like them.

"You will see nothing that’s certain, but lots of action; plenty of defects, little that’s pretty, and nothing of any worth." GB 1582

May the sauce be with you starbase1's Avatar
    Looks photrealistic to me!

But I have to ask (and no criticism of your skills - quite the opposite), why don't they just take a photo of the product? Does it not exist yet?

Nick
    Faith is the opposite of Intelligence.

Touched by his noodley appendage!
    My Lightwave Graphics & Downloads!!!

Hi Nick, thanks for dropping by.
    Going with a real photoshoot is less flexible than 3d, if a company wants additional shots at some future date then re-creating the original shoot's 'mood' is also pretty difficult.......also, I guess we're so used to seeing 'hyper-real' images these days that 'reality' just isn't good enough anymore.........
    .........good for us 3d guys but not so good for photographers.

"You will see nothing that’s certain, but lots of action; plenty of defects, little that’s pretty, and nothing of any worth." GB 1582

Hi,

I don't want to hijack the thread here, but I 'm interested in what your saying about the use of 3D verses photography for this kind of shot. Are you able to compete cost and time wise with photography- or are the clients prepared to pay more and wait longer for the extra control and flexibility 3D gives them?