Thread: Photoshop cursor movement...

Photoshop cursor movement...

Hi guys. I am running Photoshop 7 in OSX and I am having a problem with the cursor freezing when I start to paint something. It happens with both the mouse and the pen, I go to press down the mouse button and drag the mouse to make a line but instead the cursor just freezes at the starting position , it then quickly creates a line to the point when I release the mouse button. I find it very difficult to stop this from happening, usually either pressing very gently with my wacom to start a line or click the mouse button twice before hand.

Anyone have the same difficulties???

Cheers.

i don't remember
    Hi Elliotjnewman,

i had some very erratic behaviour from my Wacom intuos2 (under OS 9.2.2) when i first got it. can't quite remember if the problem's the same but it does sound familiar. reinstalled the software and DIDN'T add any applications to list. seemed to cure it. have you got the latest drivers? mine's fine in OSX.
    all snowy in the pond - Tim Smith

Yeah I have the latest wacom drivers, but the problem also happens with the mouse, Ive installed Pshop 5.5 and there is no problem with that.

self flagellating LW monk
    elliot what kind of system are u running?

are u on a network?
    what kind of hardware do you have?
    processor, ram, harddrive?
    virus protection?
    is your wacom a usb device? do you have other usb devices hooked up?

your machine is probably trying to do too much stuff when you first start a stroke, its likely that photoshop needs more cpu time than its getting at the crucial beginning stages of a stroke. maybe consider simplifying your wacom settings if possible.

Well Im running osx on a dual G4 1.25 with 512 ram. the problem isnt with the wacom as it happens with the mouse too.

I'm running a USB Wacom and have not noticed this problem.

(Dual 1GHz, 2GB DDR RAM, OS 10.2.4)
    Moral of the day:
    Worry about your own morals, not someone else's!