Thread: "SAVE" command in Modeler for read-only .lwos

Newbie Member

"SAVE" command in Modeler for read-only .lwos

Greetings,

In my plugin I am trying to issue a SAVE command in modeler. The command works, except when the object file is read-only, LightWave pops a message box stating "...Internal fault of unkown origin..." -- Unfortunately, our developers recieve objects files as "read-only"

Just wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if there is a way around this, such as a "SaveAs" command in modeler?

Best regards,

~Auran

TrueArt Support
    According to LW SDK
    http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/deve...s/modeler.html
    SAVE command takes argument filename..

If you don't write public plug-in select the all files, open Properties window and select/deselect read-only flag, it'll change the all files attribute at once..
    Otherwise for public plug-in you can use OS specific functions to check and inform or switch off read-only flag before issuing SAVE command..
    LightWave Plugins
    Global Materials for LightWave 2019
    Custom plugin writing. Request a quote.

Newbie Member
    Thanks for the reply.

My goal was to offer the user the ability to select a different filename.
    I prompt the user to overwrite the existing file, then use win32 code to remove the read-only attribute from the file.

I just wish the object could be "saved as" under a different filename through the Modeler SAVE command, instead of just popping an error message...I am not worried about this feature as I can just create a panel to prompt the user for a new filename or a user can always just hit <Ctrl-s> to save under a different filename

I was just hoping there was a "SaveAs" command available as in Layout

Best regards,

~Auran
    Last edited by Auran; 11-03-2006 at 09:22 AM.