Thread: Modifying selection order

Modifying selection order

Does anyone know of an easy way of changing the selection order? perhaps some utility somewhere out on the net. I just completed a halfway complex character rig, once I got into it I decided to add some null bones to the skelegon bones I had created originally. Everything works but the nulls I added of course are at the bottom of the list so they do not tab through in the correct order.

I can fix them by manually editing the scene file but that's inconvinant because the scene is over 90k already and because LW apparently assigns item IDs by load order rather than in the scene it's self. So when I rearrange the objects I have to rebuild the parenting rig from scratch and re-rest all of the bones because parenting is based on item ID.

If no one knows I'll probably just write up a utility myself, but I'm lazy and don't want to trudge thu the SDK to double check the scene file format. So i'm hoping there's something out there already

Well extent,
    It seems from everything that I have learned (and still learn) about LW it tends to draw everything clockwise from the point of origin (0,0,0) So I tend to keep this in mind when making selections as some tools are gonna mess up if ya don't pick in the proper sequence.
    I know in CAD applications I've used picking order is a must (mostly counter clockwise form origin.)

I hope you can use this tidbit of info somewhere
    Last edited by Darttman; 06-09-2003 at 07:24 AM.

Unhappy

Whoops, sorry I didn't read your post properly.

I gues my answer really does'nt help out eh?