Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Camera Type plugins spotted

The Arts are alive in me tonybliss's Avatar
    Wa Nipon suki desu, wa takenori suki desu .... domo arrigato gozaimass

Kampai

Great Plug-ins but any for Mac Platform?

Looking Looking Looking! No perspective control cameras for MAc...
    "Some believe The World was made in 6 days - Mine took 2 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes on four machines and submitted within the deadline..."

www.crayon.net.au
    www.filmdesigner.com

Sorry...
    I don't have Mac & 64bit Windows.
    but, I plan to request the porting plugins to D-Storm(the distributor in Japan). When 9.2 released.
    TheCoolMuseum
    Takenori Adachi
    http://colm.jp/

Hi Takenori, thanks a lot for Perspective Control Cam, can't live without it.

btw, i've just PM you about some issue it had with Fprime3. please check.

...and here is the thread
    http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthr...t=53546&page=4

Thanks again.

FPrime3 users,

I'm trying to fix plugins for FPrime3 support, but I don't have FPrime3.
    Please help the test of attached plugins with FPrime3.

Please report rendering error, camera settings(ZoomFactor, FOV, Shift etc.) and DOF settings(focal distance etc.).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    TheCoolMuseum
    Takenori Adachi

I just tried it with FPrime3. They work well, when I change something, instant feedback. Even StereoCamera shows 2 split views

Thanks a lot, it is fixed. works correctly with fprime3 now.

Triglycerous Gluteous Dave Jerrard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolmuseum
    FPrime3 users,

I'm trying to fix plugins for FPrime3 support, but I don't have FPrime3.
    Please help the test of attached plugins with FPrime3.
    These work well, thanks!

One thing that's not working so well though...

I have a scene with four cameras, each with a different view. When I run multiple FPrime previews, each using a different camera, they change to the same view, even though the camera selector shows they're set to different cameras. So, if I set Camera 1 to Fisheye, and then do the same with Camera 4, even though both cameras point in different directions, the FPrime window showing Camera 1 will show whatever Camera 4 is set up for. The FPrime windows using the same camera type all switch the view of the last camera edited of that type. So, if I go back to Camera 1 (Fisheye) and change its field of view, the FPrime windows for both Camera 1 and Camera 4 will change to the Camera 1 view,a nd use the new field of view I just set for that camera. If the camera types are different, then everything works correctly.

Now, this only seems to happen when I use the cameras from CoolMuseum (Fisheye, PerspectiveControl, etc.), so it's entirely likely they're to blame, but I sent an email off to Worley since it's also FPrime related at least. This doesn't happen with the NewTek cameras. It seems to be some kind of internal camera ID thing that's not being handled correctly, which I'm guessing might be an easy fix. By the way, this still occurs with the Cameras92f release.

Oh yeah... One more thing. Could you put spaces in the names that show up in the Camera panel? It would make them easier to read. Same to you Mr. Willmott!

He Who Really Had To Nitpick To Find Anything Wrong With These.
    Last edited by Dave Jerrard; 03-29-2007 at 01:56 PM. Reason: All hear this! Increase speed beyond reason!
    - Any typos are the result of a creative, yet rebellious keyboard.

ASUS KGPE-D16 MB
    2 AMD Opteron 6272 CPUs
    32GB Kingston KVR1333D3D4R9S RAM
    EVGA|01G-P3-1556-KR GTX550Ti video card

There is a test version PCCam for concurrent problem.
    TheCoolMuseum
    Takenori Adachi

hi coolmuseum, i see you've fixed the input field auto activation problem.

Thanks a lot. please apply the same to all your cameras.

TheCoolMuseum
    Takenori Adachi

Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jerrard
    These work well, thanks!

One thing that's not working so well though...

I have a scene with four cameras, each with a different view. When I run multiple FPrime previews, each using a different camera, they change to the same view, even though the camera selector shows they're set to different cameras. So, if I set Camera 1 to Fisheye, and then do the same with Camera 4, even though both cameras point in different directions, the FPrime window showing Camera 1 will show whatever Camera 4 is set up for. The FPrime windows using the same camera type all switch the view of the last camera edited of that type. So, if I go back to Camera 1 (Fisheye) and change its field of view, the FPrime windows for both Camera 1 and Camera 4 will change to the Camera 1 view,a nd use the new field of view I just set for that camera. If the camera types are different, then everything works correctly.
    If I understand you correctly, saving and reloading your scene will get coolmuseum's camera and fprime to show up correctly.

These cameras are great but there is a problem when they are the child of another object.

For example, if you parent the camera to a null, and rotate the null (so the camera swings in an arc). From the top view (with the camera selected) you'll see the camera move correctly but its projection cone stays it the same place while it rotates matching the camera. It seems to be matching the world rotation but not the world position.

From the camera view, everything looks fine (because the cone isn't visible). But it doesn't render from the camera's position, instead it renders from the cone's.

I tried other cameras and these are the only ones with this problem.

The parent issue has been fixed since version 0.15f for all coolmuseum's cameras. Are you having the latest ver0.15g and still sighting the problem??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast