Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 9 Mac OS X dongle problems..

Angry LightWave 9 Mac OS X dongle problems..

Okay I know there is another thread with this problem already but I wanted to start a *new* one so it would be seen.

Is there some sort of special trick to get a mac to "see" the dongle?

Ive installed the eve3 drivers from the dvd, plugged in the dongle to several different usb ports ( all of which work ) but the register lightwave app doesnt find the dongle. I did install it on my laptop which is a pc and it sees the dongle no problems.

It's a red usb dongle that says "Sentinel SafeNet SuperPro" on it. Did I get the wrong type which is incompatible with a mac?

Its a long story and I am upset because I ordered my LightWave 9 full on August 1st via ups next day air but it didnt arrive until August 4th, when I opened the box everything was there except the dongle so I had to wait until today August 7th to get it and now it doesnt work. Please tell me there is something I am missing....

Thanks in advance or any suggestions!!

Try unplugging everything for about 10 min or so and then plug in the dongle and then startup the machine. Also see if the device shows up in system profiler - under usb it will says that a usb token device is present....

Thanks, gave that a shot but still getting the same thing...

System profiler says USB UltraPro:

Version: 2.00
    Bus Power (mA): 500
    Speed: Up to 1.5 Mb/sec
    Manufacturer: SafeNet Inc.
    Product ID: 0x0300
    Vendor ID: 0x04b9

Hi Kevin,

One of our tech support guys brought the red dongle issue to my attention last week, and I think the last thing I heard was that we're waiting for a response from SafeNet, who made them. It appears to be a software issue, as the Eve3 framework does not seem to see them at all on the Mac, but it does on the PC.

I know it's not the answer you'd like, but if you can wait a few days, I suspect I or someone at NewTek will have more info on what is actually happening.

Right now, I don't know if we'll have to issue a patch for certain red dongles, or send out replacements, or what, but fixing this is a high priority issue at NewTek right now.

-Chilton

Thanks for the update Chilton. I will wait to see what happenes next. Please do inform me/us on this thread as soon as possible.

Will do!

-Chilton

Here is an update on my situation. Not on the Mac side of things but the PC. As I stated before, the PC sees the dongle but I don't think the dongle is properly working. The dongle ID is only 2 digits long... isn't it supposed to be 4-5?? Layout seems to work fine but when I launch modeler I get 3 errors..

Internal Error
    RNBO[30]=0
    Notify Technical Support!

Internal Error
    RNBO[31]=0

and

Internal Error
    RNBO[32]=0

And then modeler quits.

Does it sound like I have a bad dongle and need to have it replaced?

I've got the exact same problem. I didn't realise there was a support side to the forum so I've posted in the wrong place whoops. Always happens when you're new to a forum.
    http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=422539

This is exactly the same, every Mac I have tried has the same issue and the same windows bug. I feel your pain...
    Being at college I have a myriad of machines at my disposal to use for testing, here are my results...

PowerMac G4 733 Mac OS 10.3.9 - Dongle not found.
    PowerBook G4 Mac OS 10.4.7 - Dongle not found.
    PowerBook G3 Mac OS 10.4.0 - Dongle not found.
    Intel iMac Mac OS 10.4.7 - Dongle not found.
    Also, for reference my dongle number is 3 digits long on windows.

I did speak with Tech Support yesterday and they did say that they are very aware of the issue and are working on it as quickly as possible. They did seem to think however that it is software related and that a patch would be out very soon for this. He said it only happens with the red dongles for new versions and that people who upgraded from 8 dont have this problem with their exsisting dongles.

Heres hoping something will happen soon, going on a week with a $600 Discovery Edition of LightWave
    Last edited by Kevin Olson; 08-10-2006 at 06:33 AM.

Kevin,

best of luck with that, let's hope it's days not weeks before they fix it!!

Kuzey

I'm a bit luckier, I have an education version and have access to 8.5 in the labs at Uni. Still it's a pain having it sat there. At least I don't need to boot into windows too much for the time being. Nothing really complicated in the cource ATM. Next assignment is using the laythe and array tools. I think I might model a bicycle rim next...

I suspect this bug will be one of the first things I have to stomp when I get back.

-Chilton

If this is going to take longer than expected, is it possible to get a new *different* dongle shipped out to replace this one?

I think I spoilt Chilton's weekend. Sorry mate!

Enjoy the rest of WWDC though!

No worries, Reece. Or is is James?

I'm back from WWDC and ready to start fixing problems. Unfortunately my flight landed at 5AM this morning, and I'm not quite coherent yet. So this will be looked at over the weekend.

-Chilton

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast