Thread: *** error: WINDOWCONFIGURE.LSC

Hisham

*** error: WINDOWCONFIGURE.LSC

Hello everyone

Please forgive my inexperience with all sorts of LW. But I am encountering an error pop-up message everytime I launch Layout (not Modeler):

*** error: WINDOWCONFIGURE.LSC
    Line 244, invalid object method linecount()

Am running Mac OSX 10.4 & LW 8.5 (Mac32). Problem started appearing when I was loading scenes and missing out on objects, which where not that important for my use anyway. Now, every time I launch Layout I get this error message, and after clicking 22 times on ok, I get finally through to the layout interface.

Any idea? Appreciate any feedback!

Well I'm dim, so I usually sort this one out the crude way ie– go to User>Library>Preferences and look for the config that's giving you grief "LW windowsconfig." and trash it, problem solved. I did read there is anther way to deal with it but for the life of me can't remember what it is, and don't hit the windows config tab in layout again unless you know how to set it up or you will be back at square one again

I get this also on MAC. I have never got the windowsconfig to work, which is a shame!

You do have to trash the configs to get up and running again.
    - Jeff Dillon -
    - iMac 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GIG RAM OSX 10.5.4 -
    - PowerMac G5 Dual 2.3Ghz 4 GIG RAM OSX 10.5.4 -

It's an Lscript, it gets loaded if you hit the wrong key or just try it out, and stays with you like herpes. You'll see it in your master plugins panel, try to remove it there, but I think it comes back - do a search on your system for it and delete it if nothing else works.
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)

Hisham
    Cheers guys, will test things out, and if needed, TRASH to the LScript conf-file!