Thread: Importing Text (eps)

Newbie Member

Importing Text (eps)

Hello,
    I often create vector images in Illustrator CS and import them into Lightwave, however I cannot get text to import anymore. I'm not sure if it's something to do with Illustrator CS or Lightwave 8.5. I know that CS causes some problems, so currently I export images using the legacy format and save as an older version of Illustrator and it works fine for images. However, when i try to import text done in the same manner nothing at all shows up (and the layer that I tryed to import to in Lightwave is still blank).
    Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions to offer of what could be going on or what I may be doing wrong? I was thinking of switching to an older version of Illustrator, seeing as I started to notice the problem after I switched to CS...but wanted to check and see if anyone else has had similar problems.
    It just seems strange to me that I can import any other vector shape, but not text.

thank you in advance for your help! :P

Do not wish to be insulting but have you done the obvious – convert text to path in IllustratorCS2 before exporting in Illustrator 3 format