Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which works best VUE5Inf or Lightwave?

User.

Which works best VUE5Inf or Lightwave?

Hi....Its time for me to create an environment for my charaters. And I have VUE5 whose logo is specifically enviromental looking. What Im looking for is easier and quicker creation of an impressive environment that includes: buildings, landscape, plants and maybe even furniture.

I know I can make all of them in Lightwave one by one. But perhaprs VUE5 is quicker and easier maybe?

What do you use for environment?

Why use one or the other when you can use them both?
    -Andy Michaels

+ =

User.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilrayray77
    Why use one or the other when you can use them both?
    Ammm...yea thats ok Lilrayray. I know I could always use both. But Im kinda putting my first glimpse on the environment you see. And I havent used VUE5 at all. I dont know its capabilities, and someone that has used it maybe culd compare the two's capabilities in creating enviroenments, and tell me which would give me quicker, easier and more impressive results than the other,

Only looking at the CD envelope VUE5 looks as if its specialized for environment making?

Anyway, you probably use them both and cant compare it the way I need to. Anybody else?

May the sauce be with you starbase1's Avatar
    Vue is possibly better if you have very high polygon counds and / or want lots of vegetation.

Otherwise I'd stick with LW wherever possible.
    Faith is the opposite of Intelligence.

Touched by his noodley appendage!
    My Lightwave Graphics & Downloads!!!

If you're going to be moving the camera around in the enviroment I would stay with lightwave, as the synch connection between lightwave and Vue is pretty flakey.

You can export trees and landcapes out of vue and use them in lightwave- so it can be usefull there- and for things like skys or still backgrounds Vue is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderpup
    If you're going to be moving the camera around in the enviroment I would stay with lightwave, as the synch connection between lightwave and Vue is pretty flakey....
    Hopefully the new xStream will improve the synching between the two apps.
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

Hopefully the new xStream will improve the synching between the two apps.
    Yeah, I did have high hopes for Xtream, but so far the pricing looks Xtream as well- and reports of the Max and Maya versions don't seem that encouraging. Vue is a nice thing to have but I'm glad I got it as part of the upgrade- if I had paid for it I would have felt a bit cheated, I think. It just does not work as advertised, and some of the ommisions are just dumb- like not putting a close button on the synch plugin ( you have to hit escape key to close it) - it just gives the impression that they either really don't care or rushed the thing out the door before it was finished.

Hi,

The simple answer is use Vue. Since you can export any terrains and skys you create in Vue, and Vue is set up specifically for creating these types of things I'd say make your environments in Vue. Then, if you need hypervoxels or other lightwave features you can bring the scene into lightwave. If you don't you can just stay in Vue.

Also, Vue has great support for Poser importing right out of the box where I had to pay for the Greenbriar plugins for lightwave so for characters Vue might be better as well.

Even if you use view as a quick object & texture creator and do the rest in lightwave, Vue is still very useful. It takes a while to get the hang of it, but it's well worth it.

Hope this helps.

a good mix in animation is using vue for general backdrops, for example mapping some part of backdrops to simple planes, and also exporting some terrain, trees and other from that, and use Lw capabilities for all that0's in foreground, or very important and noticeable in your animation

for example if you see "The Hunt" movie at www.cee-gee.net the guy explain in the website how he did some compo, using Max, Vue d'esprit, and other apps to get the forest landscapes. it is all composed afterwards, yet you get a good realistic feeling in animation.

enjoy!
    Nemoid | Illustrator | 3D artist
    .::Creating for you::.

Co-founder of

www.lwita.com italian/english Lw forum

User.
    Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate it. In fact I need a mountanious terrain with trees and bushes. I havent looked into VUE5 that close enough, I just saw some trees on its logo. Thats what I need, and guess Ill bo going into it deeper.

Thanks alot again. It did help, knowing that its worth thr effort of leargning to work with it now. Have a great day.

Hi there,
    I have created some video tutorials FREE for download, detailing how to use LW with vue..check out the link...

http://esnips.com/web/vue2lw-tutes

Quote Originally Posted by Nackers
    Hi there,
    I have created some video tutorials FREE for download, detailing how to use LW with vue..check out the link...

http://esnips.com/web/vue2lw-tutes
    That's fantastic!
    Thank you thank you thank you! I'm trying to figure out Vue right now.
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)

The tutorials are great. Thanks for sharing. Have you let people on the Vue (e-on) forums know about this?

FWIW, in the last couple of HDRI Magazine issues there are some decent Vue5/LW tutorials as well.
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

I had some limited success with Vue/LW using the synch plugin. For this test I used LW to render the bike and dust and vue to render the backdrop.

I set up the bike and camera animation first and then rendered a backdrop. The results were imported to LW to finish off.

http://www.cullumgraphics.com/animate_9.html
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

Exclamation Wrong Video?

Quote Originally Posted by stevecullum
    I get "The Freedom Settlement" video when I try to view that animation. Although, the title on the page is correct. Overwritten video possibly?

Nice stuff on your site, though.
    -Mike McGlumphy
    Stimuli Studios LLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast