Thread: MoCap?

MoCap?

Ive heard a lot of talk in the forums about motion capture, so I was just curious. Does anyone here use mocap with lightwave? It sounds really cool. I was looking to see if there were any cheat alternatives but it didnt look like it.
    -Andy Michaels

+ =

i've asked repeatedly for years about this....scince lw 7.0...the only decent reply/pointer i've had to date was from splinegod about one of his training courses covering this...

as for ease of use..well it looks like too many hoops to jump thru for me personally as i also have commercial max 8.2 where adding a mo cap file is just open..apply..done....can you see why i've not done any mo cap in lightwave!...there are ways to get mo cap from max to lw or use motion buiider ..but with motion builder now DROPPING the standard version and only selling the pro version [$*****] then there's not many alternative options for lw...maybe lw9.0...but by what i read from chuck over on cgtalk ..character animation is not hi on lw9's list...maybe in 2007-2008!
    Last edited by cresshead; 04-24-2006 at 12:41 PM.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    We use mocap on the Shirow Project, but it's via Motionbuilder, then pulling the data into LW.
    The data we are using is mainly AMC/ASF format and I am not aware of any 'native' way of getting this into LW.
    Too old to die young.

Quote Originally Posted by lilrayray77
    Ive heard a lot of talk in the forums about motion capture, so I was just curious. Does anyone here use mocap with lightwave? It sounds really cool. I was looking to see if there were any cheat alternatives but it didnt look like it.
    There was an after effects plugin that could read 2d mocap. look for it on flay.