Thread: Diffuse pass for radiosity?

Diffuse pass for radiosity?

Okay, maybe I'm just crazy, but, shouldn't I be able to output the diffuse channel for a radiosity render. I made a 100% radiosity render with all channels in the "Render Buffer Viewer" checked and not one gave me the diffuse values of the radiosity.

Now, there are two workarounds I know of (Amb Occl or turn all objects white and render). Don't you get diffuse values from lighting, and radiosity is lighting. Maybe NewTek just missed it, but, it would be nice to have to get a dirt pass or something like that.

http://lw-fin.org/plugins/asa/bs/plug_bs.html
    Buffer saver 2 will (by looking at the screenshot) export real occlusion pass

Thanks, it's always good to see some quick support! The default render buffer will let me get occlusion in the diffuse channel if I turn all other lights off which takes only a few seconds (not it's own channel like this one, unfortunately). Honestly, I don't like using too many 3rd party plugins (I don't think I use any) as I switch between my Mac, my PC, and PC's at school constantly. I like to do everything straight out of LW... I think it's productively much cleaner for me. For now, I'll probably just turn all my surfaces to "Default" with white and render out a backdrop radiosity pass with 100% white as the BG color and turn all other lights off. Then, I'll export the final image(s). That should be cool.

I've attached a quick rendered image of what I'm talking about.

edit - Image updated (still had 100% ambient light from occlusion test)
    Last edited by natha1; 03-11-2006 at 11:01 AM.

Donīt forget a floor to block the ambient light at the bottom ;-)

Cool model, btw

I just want to use it to get tight areas of the model, it's not for lighting at all. It probably sounds confusing, but, think of dark as dirt and grime and light as clean, so a floor plane would actually be a bad thing to have in there. Hope that clears up confusion.

edit - Thanks for the compliment, BTW, do you know where it's from?
    Last edited by natha1; 03-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Itīs a T1, right? Or T0 r whatever, from terminator.

I don't think they ever gave a model number but, you're right!!! It's the Hunter Killer Tank from Terminator 1! The T2 version is quite a bit different as far as being a little more boxy.