Thread: Animator Needed for 15-sec clip in Feature Film

Newbie Member

Animator Needed for 15-sec clip in Feature Film

Imminent Film Productions is producing an independent feature film titled "Judy Goose". The film is about an advertising firm, and needs a 10-15 second animation clip for the end of a commercial.

The clip would involve, as photoreal as possible, a glass of ice sitting on a table, a root-beer bottle with label on it comes over and pours liquid fire into the glass. The fire melts the ice, and the liquid in the glass begins to turn into a cola-like substance. It is neccisary that you are very comfortable with liquid mechanics, particle effects, etc.

We are greatly in need of this item, and due to our budget can only offer 250$-500$. But the animator will receive credit, and anything else we could possibly give them.

Email: [email protected] with any questions you have...or just post on the board...both will be checked frequently. Thanks!

whats the dead line for this project.
    Mac man Dual 2.0 G5
    3 gig ram
    9800 pro
    Lightwave 8.3

Captain! I'm given her full power! I don't know how much more she can handel! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Newbie Member

Deadline

We are looking for a 4-6 week turnaround with the clip. There is no set deadline, in terms of a date.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    $500 for someone who can work fluid dynamics to that level??? Good Luck.

Is this project still available?
    3D|Dave
    XP SP2

TC User Group
    I guess I don't get out much but 4-6 weeks work, $500? Seems like I wouldn't need much skill, did you want fries with that?

Ivan

I don't think they mean that the project should take 4 to 6 weeks, for that dollar amount I wouldn't suggest spending more than a day or two on it.
    3D|Dave
    XP SP2

A written description may differ than the desired result.
    You will be very lucky if you find someone to do this with such amount of $$$.

These are hardly industry standard rates. No offense, but if you really need something as complex as what you are asking for, you might as well offer a competitive compensation for the job. 500 dollars will get you two days work and this 15 second shot would require atleast double that time. perhaps if you multiple your rate by 6 you will get a reliable candidate for this position. I would be willing to discuss this job if it was an industry standard rate. I even have some amazing ideas about how the ice could simulate melting and turning into fizzing cola. If your budget changes to atleast $2500 then you might actually get the photorealistic results you are asking for.
    Gregory Wilson
    [URL="http://wilgory.com"]wilgory.com[/URL]

yeah i could do that shot but i wouldnt charge anything less then 5-7k

Most people who have the hardware and software to pull it off are typically employed and their spare time is worth alot more then 500.

fyi, this isnt a LW only project. I would use Realflow and LW to do the liquid simulation. about 2-3 solid days of work, but if it was in spare time it would take about a week or two if i put in a couple of hours at a time on weekdays/weekends.
    Last edited by Stooch; 03-06-2006 at 10:23 AM.

Detective work

Interesting
    Gus Sacks?

I'm just going to guess maybe not aware of industry pricing or looking for same age artist willing to have a go at it.