Thread: Two machines One Dongle

Newbie Member

Two machines One Dongle

I was thinking about getting a laptop and was wondering can I use the same dongle on both my Desktop and laptop.

So when I use my desktop the dongle would be attached to it, thus rendering the laptop unusable and then when I'm travelling take a laptop and connect the dongle to it, rendering the desktop unusable.

I would never need both machines running Lightwave at the same time. I would only be using one or the other.

I currently have an HP Opteron 2.4Ghz desktop and looking to get a 2.2GHz Turion laptop for when I'm travelling.

Yes, you can use the same dongle. That's one of the advantages of how Lighwave's licensing works. You can install the program and license key on as many machines as you want and use the one that has the dongle plugged in.
    Between the eyes and ears there lie the sounds of color and the light of a sigh.

Shouldn't be a problem. Especially if you have a usb dongle. You can install lightwave all over the place and carry the dongle with you. Just plug it in and you should be good to go.

EDIT: hehe...looks like we were posting at the same time.

dongle

I'd chain a tire to the dongle though. Lose that sucker and you are screeeeeeewed.

CC

why?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Brunson
    EDIT: hehe...looks like we were posting at the same time.
    Beat ya!
    Between the eyes and ears there lie the sounds of color and the light of a sigh.

Newbie Member
    Thanks for the info, I switched to a USB Dongle just recently when I got the 8.5 upgrade.