Thread: Tsunami LightWave 3D Workstation

Tsunami LightWave 3D Workstation

Hi everyone! First post.

I got an e-mail from Safe Harbor today with an offer for their Tsunami LightWave 3D Workstation. At first blush it seems like an incredible deal for $1,595--a 2.53 GHz Pentium 4 workstation and LightWave 7.5. Although I already own a licensed copy of LW 7.5, I was thinking about getting a new workstation, and having a second licensed copy of LW 7.5 makes the offer all the more attractive.

On closer inspection, though, I noticed that what you actually get as far as the software is concerned is LW 5.6 and an upgrade to 7.5, with a free upgrade to LW 8 when it's released. Is there anything I should be wary about as far as getting an older version of LW plus an upgrade, vs. getting LW 7.5 itself?

A. This really belongs in Classified Adds.
    B. When upgrading from 5.6 there have been problems with Presets, some plugins and Sas.
    I know where I'm going and I know the truth and I don't have to be what you want me to be
    I'm free to be what I want

A. This really belongs in Classified Adds.
    Not necessarily...

B. When upgrading from 5.6 there have been problems with Presets, some plugins and Sas.
    What sort of problems? I'm planning on upgrading. Isn't it like other recent upgrades (such as 6.0) in which it does a full install next to or on top of the old version?

I upgraded from 5.0 to 6.0 and had no problems.
    ImageReality.com

"Relax...it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed."

Late 2013 MacPro 12 Core

OK, thanks for the responses!

I REALLY don't think you will have to actually install the old 5.6 code. You should get a 7.5CD that will install just fine. Might want to call them and get more info.

Originally posted by mattclary
    I REALLY don't think you will have to actually install the old 5.6 code. You should get a 7.5CD that will install just fine. Might want to call them and get more info.
    I agree. The 7.5 cd installs like new.
    ImageReality.com

"Relax...it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed."

Late 2013 MacPro 12 Core

Originally posted by mattclary
    I did, and that's zactly what you get. I'm ordering mine next week.