Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Mirage 1.5 good for?

What is Mirage 1.5 good for?

SHarbor is offering Mirage 1.5 for only $389 to Lightwave users only. Does anyone have any experience with this app? What is it good for?

Thanks, Vincent Burnett

It is a video paint program, something like photoshop but for video (multiple frames). I use this program for visual effects and a friend of mine for cartoon animation.

there's a cool feature for working with Lightwave UV maps

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    Your best bet would be to poke around the Mirage site and forum. Also Mirage has a free downloadable demo.

http://www.bauhaussoftware.com/products_mirage_LP.php

It is a very powerful 2d paint/animation program. To basically requote somethign off their web page.... (shrug)

You should try the demo....

No one mentioned it is also the big brother of Aura 2.5 Mirage has everything that Aura 2.5 has plus a lot more features and power. Bauhauss software took over a few years ago, and have taken Mirage to the next level. Definatley down load the demo and check out some of the tutorials. Its awesome software, and fits perfectly into a 3d/2d animators, or editors pipeline.
    Kevin Washington

TC User Group
    Check out this thread:

Oasis and Toy Box

Ivan

How does Mirage compare to other programs like AEs? How would you rate Mirage from 0-10 in the following functions:

1. Compositing.

2. LW texturing.

3. 2D image painting.

3. painting on videos.

4. How useful is rototracking?

5. effect creation.

Thanks for your time.

Vincent Burnett

Mirage is the best software to free hand drawing. Better than Painter and Photoshop. It really feels like pencil and paper. After Mirage, the paper in 2D Animation production is dead. No more animation discs, hole punchers, blue pencils and scanners. You can do it all in Mirage and no one would tell its all digital! And if, for some reason beyond my comprehension, you decide to use paper, you can allways use mirage to Scan, paint, edit and publish your Animation.

Hope you enjoy it!
    MARCOS PIOLLA
    __B R A S I L__

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo
    How does Mirage compare to other programs like AEs? How would you rate Mirage from 0-10 in the following functions:

1. Compositing.

2. LW texturing.

3. 2D image painting.

3. painting on videos.

4. How useful is rototracking?

5. effect creation.

Thanks for your time.

Vincent Burnett
    First 3. Excellent.

Second 3. Excellent.

4. Tracking is good but not the best in town, for this task I use Combustion.

I would have to agree with Titus. Although I have never used combustion so I have nothing compare Mirages Rototracking to. It has worked great for me when I have used it.

A couple of caveats

#3 painting on video phenomenal very easy very intuitive lots of options

#5 effect creation phenomenal one of the most overlooked aspects in my opinion a lot of people always look at Mirages 2d features which as mentioned earlier are second to none. The effects creation abilities are just as powerful. The FX stack is powerful and very flexible tool. Other cool options like the bulit in particle FX's, pixel tracking, video stablizer, and the list go's on make it a must have piece of software. Last but not least it integrates perfectly with the Video Toaster
    Kevin Washington

Thanks for the info guys! I went and downloaded it and checked it out. Its features seem on par with Adobe after effects except that it has video paint and lightwave texturing stuff. Its also cheap for Lightwavers too. The only problem is that when I installed the demo, it said that my sentinel driver was old, I had a LW8 dongle connected to my machine at the time. Can a person have his or her LW and Mirage usb dongles in at the same time?

Thanks again and Merry Christmas,

Vincent Burnett

The only problem is that when I installed the demo, it said that my sentinel driver was old, I had a LW8 dongle connected to my machine at the time. Can a person have his or her LW and Mirage usb dongles in at the same time?
    Yep - got Mirage and LightWave [8] running side-by-side here with no problems - you may want to update your sentinel drivers to the latest version at www.safenet-inc.com
    "Special power!"

Andrew G. Morgan ~ CG Gunslinger
    Survivor Films Ltd.
    London, UK
    Click here to email me!

A very important question for us would be...
    How is it at importing/exporting to/from various formats, i.e. QT, .rtv, .wmv etc. And is it picky or screw up other applications drivers, codecs etc.
    Thanks!
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

So far Mirage's I/O is compatible with most of today's standard formats. I have no complaints.

Cheers!
    MARCOS PIOLLA
    __B R A S I L__

Quote Originally Posted by KSTAR
    No one mentioned it is also the big brother of Aura 2.5 Mirage has everything that Aura 2.5 has plus a lot more features and power. Bauhauss software took over a few years ago, and have taken Mirage to the next level. Definatley down load the demo and check out some of the tutorials. Its awesome software, and fits perfectly into a 3d/2d animators, or editors pipeline.
    Aura was easier to use. Mirages "stacking" interface or "dialogue boxes" are a mess?

Although there are more features its a more complicated package to use.

I love the painting tools though, truely awesome in that department.
    The ethereal riders gallop over the rooftops

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast