Thread: Construction Lines & Crosshairs?

Newbie Member

Construction Lines & Crosshairs?

Does LW have such a thing?

I need to place temparory lines/points at specific positions/heights, that are not affected by tools, to be used as guides when moving/sizing/aligning objects.

Also, does LW have Crosshairs?

nope, but what you could do is create 2 point polygons in a background layer and use those as guides. And if you need to snap or move along those guides you can use Pictrix_SnapMove. It will snap to edges, points and polygons in teh background layer.
    For aligning stuff it's a great tool, I'm sure you can find the link on Flay.com

Newbie Member
    A much needed enhancement then, coz I use these in most packages like AutoCAD and Sketchup and they're very useful.

Newbie Member
    that tool is located here:

http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=2180

in case you had a hard time finding it. Its called SP_move

Quote Originally Posted by jhardisty
    A much needed enhancement then, coz I use these in most packages like AutoCAD and Sketchup and they're very useful.
    As a former AutoCAD user, I can say, "You will adjust".

Now with 42% more Pope! liquidpope's Avatar
    I use Acad all day at work, and sometimes get to add some Lightwave for presentations. They work well together. I convert Acad models to LW all the time, mostly because of LW's lack of snap tools.
    Do yourself a huge favor, and become well aquainted with LW's modeling tools. There's nothing you can't do with LW alone. Sometimes it's just quicker to rough something out in Acad, export it to LW and finish it there.
    Just depends what you're modeling. Acad is @$$ for organic modeling, but great for engineered-type thingies. LW of course is great for everything, so start loving it.
    Ron Jeremy is NOT my dad!!!!!!!!