Thread: Plug-in SDK Forum

Plug-in SDK Forum

While visiting the Yahoo Groups lw-plugin archives I discovered they were no longer open to people who don't have a Yahoo Groups account. How frustrating! Why should I have to create an account just to browse the mailing list archives? Come on Newtek, it's time to create a forum for the Plug-in SDK and open the mailing list archives up for browsing by anonymous visitors.

hehe Adrian
    Had the very same request here a few weeks ago.
    I hate Yahoo- groups, they are soo clumsy to use.
    But what really made me throw my nerves over board was when I tried to register with Yahoo- groups not less than 5 times, wehn I got a confiormation- mail and wehn I tried to activate the account it still did not work. But as a result I get a ****load of spam- mails lately.
    I will post to the 3rd- party- forum for the time being. You wann join in?
    CU
    Elmar

Traitor
    I dunno. Works fine for me.

The problem with creating a new mailing list is that the old one has a sizeable database of articles that would be extremely time consuming to move.

In addition, there's no one from NT actually active on there these days aprt from Bob Hood.

Regards
    Matt

Originally posted by mattc
    The problem with creating a new mailing list is that the old one has a sizeable database of articles that would be extremely time consuming to move.
    That should be no problem. None of the messages in the old Newtek forums were moved to the new forums, but that didn't stop Newtek from adopting to the new forum software.

In addition, there's no one from NT actually active on there these days aprt from Bob Hood.
    What better reason for Newtek to create a forum of their own?

Why not make an additional forum here?
    Noone is saying that the old ML should be scrapped, just a new forum should be added here.
    And I a sorry, but I have very little benefit from the ML working for you. It does not for me (registering simply does not work).
    And all that spam I get from trying to register there, is not something I enjoy.
    Also why should I have to register anyway just to read all the old posts?
    Stupid that is.
    CU
    Elmar

Originally posted by Elmar Moelzer
    I will post to the 3rd- party- forum for the time being. You wann join in?
    CU
    Elmar
    Hmm, that's a good interim solution. I think I've already found the answer to what I was looking for, but I'll keep it in mind.