Thread: Purchasing Lightwave Nine (Europe)

Purchasing Lightwave Nine (Europe)

I went to purchase Lightwave 9 yesterday. I've got 8 so I was going to get the Vue deal. When I click on the Purchase link it just takes me to some phone back page where you enter your phone number and Newtek are meant to contact you. Is this right? I did leave my number and details and it says they'd contact me today, which they haven't.

Just wondered if I'll still get the deal as I think it's meant to end at the end of this month?

Pete B

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    that's right - they have a "call-back" system so you don't pay for the call when ordering goods.
    Too old to die young.

That's weird though, why do you have to order over the phone that's soooo last century.

I thought I'd just get an add to cart thingy and then enter my card details?
    Actually come to think of it I think that's what they have on the US site.

Pete B

You posted at 6:43PM, does that mean that you clicked on the call back just before then? We may have gone home if that was the case...

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (388.13, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Yeah probably.
    I've just found out from reception that a lady called yesterday and this morning and I've also just recieved an email so it looks like you're well on the case.

Many thanks

Peter

We like the call back service since you are talking to a RLH (Real Live Human) rather than clicking buttons...

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (388.13, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by peteb
    Just wondered if I'll still get the deal as I think it's meant to end at the end of this month?

Pete B
    I imagine you will still get the deal. I received an email from e-on software this morning stating that the bundle deal has been extended to December 31st, though it refers to US Dollar prices so it may not apply to Europe and says nothing about the upgrade bundle:

Vue 5 Infinite + LightWave 8 + free upgrade to LightWave 9 = $795:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The power of LightWave combined with the power of Vue 5 Infinite...this is a killer combination!".
    Andy Bishop, Director of Darkside Animation, UK.
    Newtek and e-on software have teamed up to offer customers a truly value added bundle.
    LightWave is the Emmy award winning 3D graphics solution; combined with the environment creation capabilities of Vue 5 Infinite, the sky is the limit!
    Buy Vue 5 Infinite and LightWave 8.5 today, and get a free upgrade to LightWave 9 when its available.
    This offer is valid until December 31st, 2005.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Yep all sorted. I got put through to my local dealer who took the purchase. Was told that I'll get Vue soon so that's good and Lightwave 9 to follow some time in January. Looking forward to recieving it probably some time in June

Pete B