Thread: Scrolling Background

Scrolling Background

What should I be looking at to do a contiguous scroling background?

Not sure what you mean, but if you make your background twice as tall as the screen size, i.e. 720 X 972, you can have quite a long scrolling background by animating the Y Axis.
    I hope this helps answer your question.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

what kind of scrolling background?

If you mean a repeating one, then making the left side of it match in size and shape to the right side of it is pretty much key.

Or you could make a long strip of background, use a morph to bend it into a circle, and use it like a big digital zoetrope in front of the camera.

And there was me thinking this was some kinda official post - that username's confusing.
    Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com
    ...and then I was on fire.

I was just thinking of the old image projectors, the image was wrapped around like a drum and it was projected onto a screen giving the illusion of a motion picture. I beleive this was before motion pictures became popular.
    If the image has seamless ends and is large enough to show no distortion this would allow you to have a repeating background image.
    I think using a disk and flip the polys inwards and place the camera in the middle of the disk would be the same effect.
    But then again, Lightwave can import sequences, mov, and avi files so a flat plane with an animated texture will work as well, and probably less headaches.
    Silk
    Silkrooster.com - temporarily offline due to updating...
    Spinquad Forum - Closed Sorry...
    lightwave-resources.pdf - - temporarily offline due to updating...

Thanks for the input and sorry about my user handel. I looked at the User CP and there is no way to change it. I picked it to make it easier to remember. After reading your post, I can see that this was a bad thread. I should have give this some more thought, before posting it.

For the moment I've changed your user name from "newtek" to "SndrDesign" to match the hostname in your email addy. If you prefer something else, just send me a private message and we'll make the change for you.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.