Thread: 3D windfarm Apocolyps

Newbie Member

3D windfarm Apocolyps

Hey guys, i made this for an assigment in uni, its my first unit in lightwave (i'm loving it, but oh so time consuming!!), what you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kingy-b; 11-18-2005 at 08:49 AM.

Very good first project. It takes time to learn - but it's a lot of fun.

A couple of things on your rendering.

1. The door light is not attached to the tower.
    2. The crumple texture is over done around the door and staircase...be subtle and look at real world examples to get the look you're after...it's very easy to "over do"
    3. Make some of the wind generators blades appear to "move" by adding motion blur.
    Allen Bussell

hi kingy-b,

as nthused said, its so easy to overdo a pic. I like the marsian atmosphere but there is no movement in the picture. The ground is way too boring. needs more variety. u placed the rocks, which is ok, but don`t just use the crumble texture. Too hard edged the ground needs some depth and a better texture. Add some bumps to it or some ripples so u see those are sand dunes but for a first try its ok ... and fix that doorlamp maybe adding some DOF would be nice too.
    keep up the project and show us ur progress

cheers,

Demon
    Live your passion and you will reach the high level of render

Newbie Member

cheers

thanks for the comments

yeah, just getting the hang of it, that light was giving me the ****s cause it kept moving away, probally should have parented it. I did at one point but my computer kept dieing on me so i'd loose the saves and forget, ah well. And with the DOP i wanted it to make it have blur and stuff but i stuffed it up cause i only just learnt how to do it, after it got handed in, sigh. It was a bit rushed wit the blades on the wind turbines too, wanted to have blur but just never got around to it. If you look at the sign on the door you'll also notice its upside down. But anyway it was good enough for what i had to hand in.

i'll prolly get around to fixing it up later when i've got some time.

Oh and for the assignment i had to make a reinterpretation of a pic, this is it ==>

looks better now.. well the bushes, which cover the seam betwean the real pic and the 3D look a bit odd to me. but for a first try...well done!!

cheers,

Demon

looks better now.. well the bushes, which cover the seam betwean the real pic and the 3D look a bit odd to me. but for a first try...well done!!
    Lol, that IS the real pic. Kingy-B's assignment is to recreate it in LW..

hmmm, now i am bit confused. You want to tell me that that background is no picture? Or do i missunderstand something here?

cheers,

Demon

Demon,
    I guess he means that whole second image is a photo - reference photo he just used.

LOL...*slaponforehead*

i feel stupid now!!! heheh

hmm well for a real pic it looks soo, hmm weird?!

cheers,

Demon

Newbie Member
    hahaha
    yeh it was the real photo, the reason it looked so wierd was because there was a car in there, i cut it out cause i'm a slaker for the assignment. the second one i showed is a real photo, the first is the re-creation .
    umm i'll see if i can find the original...
    Last edited by Kingy-b; 11-22-2005 at 10:41 PM.

LOL, wow thats one monster of a pic!

i thought i am long enuff in the business to know when something is real or not lol well to be honest, even that real pic looks a bit like a real model, so unreal...guys help me, am i sick?? or does that real pic just looks odd and too arranged? lol i feel strange now LOL

cheers,

Demon
    Last edited by Demon; 11-22-2005 at 09:05 AM.

Fooled me too ...

Really nice first pic!