Thread: Jay Roth Announcement -LightWave 3D/Vue 5 Bundle

Newbie Member

Jay Roth Announcement -LightWave 3D/Vue 5 Bundle

Hello. I was wondering if anyone from NewTek could tell me if the free copy of Vue 5 also applies to the LightWave 3D Version 8 Academic edition? I just purchased it on Saturday, October 1st. I'm a Senior in college. Thanks.

Kathleen

No, it is not applicable to the Ed version. For $795, you really should try to upgrade to a commercial seat (heck, last fall I paid $600 for an educational version of 3ds Max 7...and sorry I did, cause when I have the opportunity to do some small scale freelance work, I can't use it).

That is a flat out STEAL, and the primary reason I came over from Max! Vue 5 is one powerful and absolutely fantastic complement to Lightwave; and it retails for $600 itself. If you miss that deal, you'll likely be sorry you did, cause Lightwave is GIVING VUE 5 INFINITE TO YOU FREE.
    You can create stunning 3D environments in Vue 5 within minutes....trying to do that in a regular 3D app will take you hours and hours. Plus, an often overlooked feature is Vue 5's renderer. It's a powerful, fast and feature rich one at that. So you are not just getting some mediocre terrain generator...you're looking at the best 3D environment program on the market....AND a superb renderer to boot!
    Last edited by AbnRanger; 10-07-2005 at 02:49 AM.

:agree:

LW is a bargain at $795. With Vue, doubly so. Get it while you can before comes to the senses.
    -K