Thread: Field reversal in After Effects preview

Newbie Member

Field reversal in After Effects preview

Hi all,

I've been using After Effects 6.5 with our VT 4, and have run into a slightly annoying problem. I was delighted to find that, after running the 3rd Party Application Driver Installer through VT 4, After Effects was able to preview to the VT4 output and output rtv files. Unfortunately though, the realtime preview output seems to have its fields reversed, even though it looks correct within AE's preview window, and, when I output to rtv, they look great played back in VT 4. I looked around within AE, and could find no acknowledgement that AE even knows that it's outputting to the Toaster card, much less any setting that would be able to set the field order right. Has anyone come across a solution to this?

Also, seemingly related is the fact that once I open VT 4, AE is knocked off of the Toaster card and doesn't show up on switcher in any way. The only way I've found of getting the AE preview back on the Toaster output is to shutdown VT 4 and then restart AE. Does anyone know a way to have AE appear on the Switcher?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    I recomend that you try running the 3rd paty application plugin installer located in the vt folder under program files in the start menu. This will install a fresh copy of the AE plugin and may correct your problem

the reverse field realtime preview on your vt card via AE might be due to your comp size being 720 x 480. change your project comp size to 720 x 486.
    Last edited by jport; 09-30-2005 at 10:10 PM.