Thread: Web based project management for the dummy ?

Web based project management for the dummy ?

Is there any free web based project management tool that works with windows and mac osx ?

Something like mediawiki (text based) would be great, donít need to be anything fancy, the problem I got with mediawiki is that I donít have features like MySQL, PHP or Perl on my server.
    (I think I need one of these features for Mediawiki, donít know which one because Iím not a programmer)

I really have no programming experience so something very very easy to setup would be great
    Thanks for any help.
    Robinson

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robinson
    ...the problem I got with mediawiki is that I donít have features like MySQL, PHP or Perl on my server.
    I think you're out of luck then... if you don't have _any_ scripting on your host you won't be able to have anything dynamic on it, unless you download the pages, edit them and upload them again (basically).

Check out www.hosteurope.de for a decent and not too expensive host (we use it for www.infinimap.com) you'd want at least the WebPack M.

Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwolf
    I think you're out of luck then... if you don't have _any_ scripting on your host you won't be able to have anything dynamic on it, unless you download the pages, edit them and upload them again (basically).

Check out www.hosteurope.de for a decent and not too expensive host (we use it for www.infinimap.com) you'd want at least the WebPack M.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Ich bin sehr geizig.

Dachte das es doch Eigentlich mit meinem 1und1 Home Vertrag klappen mŁsste, 1und1 Business kostet 9,99 Ä dann wŁrde es ja funktionieren, glaube ich auf jedn fall !!!

http://www.1und1.info/xml/order/Host...op&__lf=Static

EDIT:WebPack M
    Echt mal um einiges billiger als mein packet bei 1und1, und es kann doch einiges mehr, danke fŁr den tipp !!!
    Last edited by robinson; 09-27-2005 at 01:08 PM.

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Ich bin sehr geizig.
    Ich bin Schwabe
    EDIT:WebPack M
    Echt mal um einiges billiger als mein packet bei 1und1, und es kann doch einiges mehr, danke fŁr den tipp !!!
    Gern geschehen...

Liebe GrŁŖe,
    Michael
    P.S. Dear non-german speakers, I hope you excuse the small excursion to our mother tongue...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwolf
    Ich bin Schwabe
    Hehe, ich bin eigentlich auch Schwabe, bin halt nur in Berlin geboren !!!

P.S. Dear non-german speakers, Michael just posted a link to a web hosting provider that cost half what I'm paying right now and offers everything I need to solve all these problems...