Thread: motherboard

Newbie Member

motherboard

hi, i'm planing a buy new workstation with dual xeon64 processors
    l need information about motherboard, i find this model Intel SE7525GP2 but i'm not sure can add craphic card because the mother board allredy have a on board integrated ati g.card. also i find the asus model NCT-da for dual xeon,
    Any sugestions for mother board
    sorry for my english

Odd for a first post. Are you a LightWave user?

Anyway, as long as the mobo has an AGP, PCI, or PCI-e slot then you can add a video card to it. The onboard video can usually be disabled by either a jumper on the motherboard (old method) or through the BIOS interface.
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

If i could recommend i would say try to find a mobo with PCI Express as to thats the way that things seem to be heading in the future.. and as far as disabling the onboard, be careful and read the stats carefully for the intel board, i myself have an intel board (BOXD915GAG) and the onboard cannot be disabled, so it is constantly sharing the memory even tho it is not used.. which sucks haha

not to hijack but if anyone does know of a way to disable the onboard video PM me.. i have not seen anything in the bios though

Quote Originally Posted by seduceandrob
    ...not to hijack but if anyone does know of a way to disable the onboard video PM me.. i have not seen anything in the bios though
    Not sure about your BIOS, but on one of my newer boards (Gigabyte) in order to do anything with video I have to enable "Advanced" settings by pressing a certain F key during boot up. When enabled the BIOS has more options to choose from. Pretty vague I know but I'm at work atm and can't check. Just a thought, tho'.
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

seduceanrob:

The graphics chipset on that board has auto-discovery. That means, in theory, should you plug in a PCI Express x16 video card, the board will automaically disable the onboad graphics.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Medatron; 09-21-2005 at 02:58 AM. Reason: oops
    If you can't learn to do something well, at least learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by vapca
    hi, i'm planing a buy new workstation with dual xeon64 processors
    l need information about motherboard, i find this model Intel SE7525GP2 but i'm not sure can add craphic card because the mother board allredy have a on board integrated ati g.card. also i find the asus model NCT-da for dual xeon,
    Any sugestions for mother board
    sorry for my english
    For the GP2, it is just a matter of turning the onboard video off in the bios.
    If you can't learn to do something well, at least learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

Newbie Member
    ok. Thanks for the times, everybody,
    l'just find something from supermicro, exacly X6da8-g2 and that sound nice, maby l'll have a problems with resealers..... butt
    also l planing the graphic card from ati(FireGl7100) with 256 ram