Thread: 8.5- PS Blending Modes & Parts To Surfaces

8.5- PS Blending Modes & Parts To Surfaces

8.5- PS Blending Modes & Parts To Surfaces

Texture Blending Modes: Photoshop Blending Modes Addtions
    Texture

This demo shows the new blending modes added to LightWave's texture editor based on Photoshop's layer blending modes.

Size- 6.5 meg
    Length- 1 min

Click Here

Parts to Surfaces
    Modeler- Utility

This demo shows the new utility that converts Parts to new Surfaces.

Size- 9 meg
    Length-1:25 Min

Click Here As Well

Wow! Cool!

Proton - Thanks for doing these vids for us. It's greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by GregMalick; 09-15-2005 at 11:24 AM.

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

Thanks Proton for all your effort to show us the new exciting features of 8.5

Alliterator
    Yeah, proton, thanks for pouring gasoline on the fire... we're already anxious for 8.5, and you're just making it worse!
    -fyrissian-

"go flaccidly amid the poison waste"

part to surface will help us a lot of course,
    and the new blending mode will very useful as well, it happend a lot to me
    when I was texturing, I was not sure which LW blending mode was equal to
    photoshop blending mode. now things will be a lot easier !

excellent !

Very nice! These videos of 8.5 are great, thanks Proton!

now that;s what i likeeeeeeeeeee
    new web page up www.null.hr

Cheers Proton & Thanks Newtek

Don't have a great deal of use for parts to surfaces as of yet, but the photoshop blending modes should be a boon.
    Brent

I'm curious as to why the photoshop blending modes have been called just that in the pull down rather than just been fit into the existing list - why the PShop prefix? Also, do things like PShop Multiply match the results of the other Multiply?

Ohhh thank you

Well if you've already used the old modes, you're not going to want that to break are you?
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

I am Jack's cold sweat Karmacop's Avatar
    I've been told before that the problem with multiply and divide etc aren't actually multiply and divide, but instead they are similar functions that the programmers thought would be more useful. For instance, if something is white do you see that as the 24bit 255 255 255 value, or do you look at it as the floating point value of 1.0 1.0 1.0 ? Then do you multiply by an averaged value, or each value separately? Then if you have two pixels multiplied together that are both 15 15 15 (which you'll agree is very close to black) and you do a straight multiplication, you'll end up with a colour that is almost white. So basically most software defines these things differently, and Newtek looks like it's going to give us the ability to do it the photoshop way now.

And proton, these videos are great, we need 8.5 now

Quote Originally Posted by duke
    I'm curious as to why the photoshop blending modes have been called just that in the pull down rather than just been fit into the existing list - why the PShop prefix? Also, do things like PShop Multiply match the results of the other Multiply?
    The existing operations in LightWave use differing algorithms and approaches and do not produce identical results with similarly named operations in other applications, Photoshop included. Many people understand and use the previous LightWave operations, and will want to retain those both for backward compatibility and for future use when those tools are the ones that will produce the precise result you want. Having the new set of modes identical to Photoshop's blending modes will extend the range of useful options and also provide a set of tools that every Photoshop user will instantly understand and be able to apply. Users not familiar with Photoshop will need to do some experimenting, but will also come to find the new range of options useful to have, providing more flexibility and control for them in this area.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.