Thread: Alternate deal for Vue owners????

Talking Alternate deal for Vue owners????

Currently own Lightwave 8.3... (where is that 8.5???) and plan on upgrading to version 9.0 as soon as it is released. I also own Vue Infinite and enjoy it but am very excited to see the upcoming product from them called Fusion, which will allow Vue terrain, eco-systems and atmospherics to be rendered from within Lightwave. I have had mixed results bringing in Lightwave models, depending on the complexity and texturing options.

My question for those of us in this situation, can Newtek and E-on offer an alternate for those who have Vue Infinite already, such as the Fusion hookup when it comes out and the rest of the plants that they have available. I was annoyed that the number of plants seemed skimpy and really interesting ones are only available for sale, more money!!!!!, and I couldn't just create my own. So how about a swap.... I am sure it would be cheaper for everybody on that side and I am not interested in the "sell this software shuffle". I like Vue, am convinced of it's value, as is Lightwave, how about a deal???? Please!!!
    I will pre-order now if you say yes....
    Paul
    An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind... Gandhi/MLKing
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware.... so sayest the Animated Fool ~ HARTWORKS www.hartworks.net

So, the copy of Vue 5 that we're getting with the upgrade has a few selections of plants and the rest are for individual sale? So that downloadable video reel from E-on that shows Vue-5's capabilities (which I found very impressive) is what can be done if you buy a lot of individual models and not what can be done out of box?

I'll wait until I get my copy and have a chance to use it myself but between this and the other thread that mentions how we might need to buy Vue Fusion to make it effectively work with Lightwave, I'm starting to like this less and less.
    Last edited by hrgiger; 08-10-2005 at 04:42 AM.

Hmmm, I hope the 'Dosch 3D: 400 3D Objects for Vue' that was thrown into the bundle I got helps this situation. The vendor site states:

"Included are 3D-models of buildings, people, vehicles, bridges, garden elements, plants and many more. Populate your scenes with life-like 3D-models..."

I had just answered this moments ago, but it all simply vanished. Anyway, I wrote that I am in the same boat, as I had stated in my Siggraph review http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthre...0&goto=newpost, and already own Vue Infinite. While at the Newtek booth, I had a chance to talk about that with Donetta, the 3D Marketing VP, who assured me that she is working on just such an alternate package. Details will be made available once she is successful with the negotiations. I realize that any company that decides to bundle this way, is required to either 1. drop the price of their program significantly, or 2. will provide a limited version of their program (such as eyeon did with their Digital Fusion), or 3. provide a pre-upgrade version in exchange for riding the wave of new registered owners, then hoping that most of them will upgrade to the latest release.

Karl
    http://www.cosmic-pearl.com/

Calm down fellas. You don't need a ton of tree/plant models thrown in. Watch the video presentation and vist the tutorials section of E-on website.

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Products...deo_layout.php

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Support/...FTutorials.php

You will see that you can modify any of the plants in the library to create completely new species...in a matter of seconds!

This is no small plugin...this program flat out ROCKS If it were added to Lightwave as a core addition, it would've sent a huge wave throughout the the 3d industry...because it's just that powerful. Nevertheless, with it being bundled without increasing the cost...you effectively get the same result.

The Ecosystem is one mean feature. You can import objects and have them populated throughout the scene, with ease and with as much precision or randomness as you choose. You can create a dozen or so buildings in Lightwave, import and populate an entire cityscape in seconds or minutes.
    You can create Volumetric clouds, and animate them. You have an excellent renderer in Vue 5, giving you more options, as opposed to just relying on LW's renderer.
    3d World magazine recently gave Vue 5 glowing reviews. So, once again, this ain't a toy or trincket. It certainly makes Maya's Paint Effects look like one though.

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AbnRanger
    If it were added to Lightwave as a core addition, it would've sent a huge wave throughout the the 3d industry...because it's just that powerful.
    Well the word out on the street is Newtek and E-On seem keen, down the line a ways, to provide some sort of "internal-izing" (new word folks! ) so yeah, I feel the same as you, that would be totally cool.
    Too old to die young.