Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worley FPrime 2.0...

Worley FPrime 2.0...

...is out! Go get it!

Same link you used when you first bought it.

While you're at it...get the G2 update too.
    Click here if you do not want to wait any longer
    (or if your browser does not automatically forward you)

Thanks, at least that will give me something to mess around with tonight.

Hoop
    www.mean3d.com

"Problems worthy of attack, prove their worth by hitting back." -- Piet Hein

When I try to check out, my price is still showing up as $499... what about you guys?

Also, if I purchase it, I understand that it ships with an excellent manual... you guys are talking about getting it tonight and then playing with it tonight, too -- does this mean that you get the shipped version and the download version when you order?

Thanks -- I've never ordered from Worley before...

jdb

Not sure about HV display and such but the general redraw/update improvements rock! No real lag on my system whatsoever when dragging along the timeline. Thanks worley!

Awww man, worley beat Newtek to the "new update ready for download" announcement. I was wishing for a simultanious "8.5 and FPrime 2" release today.

Ah well I spent my money on upgrade to LW9 last night, so I won't be able to get FPrime 2 for awhile. Hope you all have fun Radiositying and stuff, and post some impressions on hypervoxel rendering will yah? I'd like to see how FPrime handles HVs and maybe I can trade in my car for FPrime.

Happy FPriming!
    ASUS G2S | T7500 C2Duo @ 2.20GHz | 4GB RAM | 256MB NVidia 8600M GT | Win 7 Home 64Bit

AMD X6 1090T @ 3.20GHz | 4GB RAM | 1.2GB NVidia 470GTX | Win 7 Pro 64Bit

not fair not fair not fair it still doesn't work in windows 64 =/ and i wannted to test run it with voxels

WoHOO! Play time!

Great news - got it and installing it!

3DBob
    Phone me for free on

My user ID is tir-3dbob

whats great about sigraph... sniff sniff... is that it brings the Xmas spirit to the summer time... that spirit, of course, being GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!

Worley's site is down for me. Can anyone else reach it now?
    I looked up my download link from my saved email and clicked on it and couldn't reach it either.

Edit: Nevermind. Just downloaded it. Now off to install Lw8.3 and FP 2.

Cheers,
    JS
    Last edited by js33; 08-09-2005 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickster
    Awww man, worley beat Newtek to the "new update ready for download" announcement. I was wishing for a simultanious "8.5 and FPrime 2" release today.

Ah well I spent my money on upgrade to LW9 last night, so I won't be able to get FPrime 2 for awhile. Hope you all have fun Radiositying and stuff, and post some impressions on hypervoxel rendering will yah? I'd like to see how FPrime handles HVs and maybe I can trade in my car for FPrime.

Happy FPriming!

me too ... hope Worley do FPrime2+G2 special offer later... please...

What I'm wondering is this...

I was kind of excited to hear about the G2 promotion because I currently own Fprime but not G2. But now that I hear about the advancements made on Lightwave and the SDK for v9, I wonder, could this be a last ditch effort from Worley to sell a fair amount of G2 licenses before it becomes less useful to a lot of buyers? If Lightwave's SDK is opened up, that means potentially that Fprime could be updated to read both shader and volumetric information. Also, Lightwave's renderer is getting faster so it might be less reason to have a fast previewer(also too considering we will be able to see lighting and light falloffs in OpenGL) Another thing I ws thinking that with an improved SDK, it's possible that some plug-ins might come easier to do the things that G2 currently does like SSS, soft reflections, etc...

I don't know, I was just wondering if people thought that G2 was still worth getting at this point?

HRGiger-
    I don't know, I was just wondering if people thought that G2 was still worth getting at this point?
    My thoughts exactly when JR discussed LW9

OGL2 in a one to one against FPrime?, not just yet, that's some serious hardware, it is on the horizon though, just not yet!

ps HRGiger, I attributed a quote to you earlier yesterday, mix of colours in the avatar and lack of sleep, nothing unpleasant or detrimental, just plain wrong. Sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Just reread the post and it occured to me that it might ask more questions than it answered:

It was here-
    http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=39375

The quote was
    It looks like FP2 and G2 were used by Digitaldomain on their recent Honda Accura RSX "Dance" commercial.
    No idea why it happened it just did, now if you'll excuse me it's time for my 1000 yr rest.
    Last edited by T-Light; 08-09-2005 at 11:19 PM.
    Brent

I'm surprised nobody has commented on FPrime 2's hypervoxel ability yet..

Well, I just ran a quick test (like I'm sure most people will) using a single HV on a null, rendered in LW native and then in FPrime2, and I found the rendering speed is almost identical; took LW native around 2:30 to render the image, and Fprime2 around the same time to get to level 1.00

I suppose we can't really expect HV's to render like lightning just cos it's fprime.. I for one am still very happy that we can now use HV's in fprime renders.

Anyone tried a high-end scene with hv's and radiosity involved?

I dont think that fp2 could render LW volumetrics faster than LW itself, because i think that what fp2 do is to call raytracing and volumetric function inside LW ... perhaps it could be usefull for previz, but final render could be slow ...
    Juanjo Gonzalez
    Computer Graphics Software Developer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast