Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LW and Vue Registration

LW and Vue Registration

Got my copy of Vue today, and for some reason neither the installer or the registration site is recognizing my serial number. Anyone else had this issue?

Also, for those that are wondering about registering and selling issues, the copy that comes with the upgrade does not have a "normal" Vue serial number, and does apparently require a LW serial number to both install and register, although as I said, it's not recognizing any of ours at the moment.

I've sent a request to e-on on how to fix this issue but was hoping someone else had a chance to find out any info on the fix before me.

Hoop
    www.mean3d.com

"Problems worthy of attack, prove their worth by hitting back." -- Piet Hein

Same thing here. It asks for a serial number, but won't accept my LW serial or the "LightWave Activation Code" on the CD jewel case...

E-on has put me in touch with one of the programmers. Apparently, this is an issue that a number of those upgrading are experiencing. I'll post what I find out.

Hoop
    www.mean3d.com

"Problems worthy of attack, prove their worth by hitting back." -- Piet Hein

I've succesfully installed so there must be something going on with only some of the copies.
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

Dodgy, it took your serial with no problem?

I personally don't think it's a software bug, as I tried to register on E-On's site and it also indicated I was using an invalid serial number.
    Last edited by mattclary; 08-09-2005 at 06:11 PM.

Something a bit more basic

I got my copy of Vue today, and am trying to install it. I've looked all over the CD for sometype of *.exe or *.msi, but I can't find it. (Yes, I've tried using the search function in XP...)

Umm...feeling a bit awkward...

AmadeusZ.-
    "The above post is worth reading... In fact I think it's the best one in this thread!"
    AmadeusZ.-

If it doesn't autorun, setup.exe is in the root of the CD.

On My CD there are NO exe or msi files.

No setup.exe anywhere on the disk, and for the record I tried both disks, and neither has any such thing on it. Also CD1 states on the right hand side "Macintosh OS X 10.3+ [next line] Windows 2000/XP" so I don't have the wrong 'version'...

Here is a screen capture in case anyone doesn't believe me:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Amadeus0; 08-09-2005 at 06:49 PM.
    "The above post is worth reading... In fact I think it's the best one in this thread!"
    AmadeusZ.-

It looks like you are on a Mac? Don't know what to tell you there, sorry.

Nope. That screenshot is from a Linux box (don't ask...just... don't ask) but in WinXP it's the same directory listing...I guess a call to Newtek is in order.

Back on Topic. Has anyone more info on the "not accepting serial No." problem?
    Last edited by Amadeus0; 08-09-2005 at 07:08 PM.
    AmadeusZ.-

It looks like some files are hidden. Any chance of that? Can you see .exe files elsewhere on your hard drive?

Weirdness! Your directory structure is definitely different than mine! You have a folder called "Install Vue 5 Infinite", you should look there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mattclary; 08-09-2005 at 07:53 PM.

Nope. No Hidden stuff (in Windows..in Linux 2 .DS_Store files, but I digress)...

The "install" folder has something for OS X (I don't have a Mac to try that out), but there are NO executables (or MSI installer files) on the disk.

I have used WinXPs' search function for the ENTIRE disk, and have looked in over half the folders manually.

A call to Newtek should hopefully resolve this quickly.

(As for seeing .exe's on my HD, the answer is yes.)
    AmadeusZ.-

Is Vue tied to Dongle? Or is it only looking for the serial number?

If it isn't tied to dongle, is it possible to install on more than one computer?

My guess is it's not tied to the dongle. I haven't had a chance to try on a second machine yet.

FYI, I have created a case with E-On and just sent this e-mail to Newtek tech support. I encourage everyone who is having this problem to do the same.

Dear tech support, I received Vue 5 Infinite yesterday. When I attempt to install it, it asks me to enter my LightWave serial number. I enter it but Vue says it is invalid. There is a 10 digit "LightWave Activation Code" on the Vue 5 jewel case that I tried also to no avail. It SEEMS to be looking for a 10 digit number but won't accept any. There are other users on the Newtek fora that have experienced this issue also. We have entered support cases with E-On, but I would appreciate it if you guys would look into on your end, possibly contact E-On. I also went to E-On's web site and tried to register Vue, but their web site ALSO would not recognize my serial or the LW activation code from the jewel case. Thank you for your assistance. A quick response will be appreciated, as I and many others are very excited to use this new software!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast