Thread: FPrime troubles

FPrime troubles

Anyone else have this problem I have a model (no sub-d's) and when I render in Fprime, preview or Fprime render I can see thru part of the model like the polygons weren't there. But when I render in LW there are no problems. Anyone know why this might be happening? I have refreshed Fprime to no avail. Thanks.

Colkai posted this in a similar thread.

I've had this with FPRime -it tends to be the poly is an NGon which FPrime is having trouble figuring out.
    The easy way to prove this is to make a copy of it and triple that poly - see if FPrime then renders it ok, if it does, try just splitting the poly where it seems "logical" if you don't want the NGon to end up completely as tri's.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi dave
    Colkai posted this in a similar thread.

I've had this with FPRime -it tends to be the poly is an NGon which FPrime is having trouble figuring out.
    The easy way to prove this is to make a copy of it and triple that poly - see if FPrime then renders it ok, if it does, try just splitting the poly where it seems "logical" if you don't want the NGon to end up completely as tri's.
    thanks Kiwi Dave - I'll give that a try tonight.