Thread: Layout doesn't display textures.

Newbie Member

Layout doesn't display textures.

Layout doesn't display textures - even with "show OpenGL textures" checked.
    I have a brand new computer (Dell Gen5 with a NVIDIA GeForce 6800) - am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

are your objects set to Textured Shaded Solid ? If not, you can change that in the scene editor.

Also, procedural textures won't display in Layout, only image-based textures.

mTp

Newbie Member
    Actually I should have written "image based textures" they're what's not showing up. They seem to render fine, but the don't show up in layout.

Quote Originally Posted by jvturner
    Actually I should have written "image based textures" they're what's not showing up. They seem to render fine, but the don't show up in layout.

I have noticed some strange querkiness with the OGL in LW as far as textures (pics) are concerned. I had a couple of instances where a texture refused to show up until I cleared out the surface and started over. The texture was there to start, then I did some editing in the surface editor - say replacing it with a procedural, then when coming back to the image map it refused to show until I started from scratch. Now I am not remembering all the things I did, just a heads up that there is some unpredictability. Did you have pics before and they are not showing up? Or just none at all?

This probably is no help, but it should work. give some more particulars and lets see if we can get it solved.

Newbie Member
    The images didn't show up from the start.
    However, I uninstalled and then reinstalled LW last night - and the image textures started working! But now "BEVEL" doesn't seem to be working properly!!!!
    Do you think the install disks are bad?

Thank you all for your input.