Thread: Crash case for 'Edge Bevel'

Crash case for 'Edge Bevel'

Just wanted to report a potential bug. If there is a better place to do this, please let me know.

If you create a four point polygon, a simple square, selct two points and click 'Edge Bevel', Modeler will crash.

-Phil

Edge Bevel non event

Not so, I just tried it...........why would you want to bevel the edge of a single plain anyway, it makes no sense. Select the points and use extender or knife it or cut it for gods sake (twin 2.7/Tiger 10.4.2/Lightwave8.3}

Hi interNEKO!

I saw this BUG several times (usually when i model for loong time ). But sadly i still didn't find exact way to simulate this bug/crash . I lost 5-10 minutes of work several times (because i didn't save it recently) but now i SAVE every time beofre i use edge bevel. It's not solution (more liek workaround) but i can't find how to reproduce it 100% sure to report to NewTek bug reports.

gerry_g - It's not SAME to use EDGE bevel and Knife/extender. For instance when i work on car models i often need to add sharper line(s) to sides of car (across whole car) and it's easiest way to select points and use edge bevel since it moves both edges (actually line of points) away from CENER line so if they are angled (not straight line) you get nice beveled edge. If you do same thing with knife or bandsaw you would still need to select one row of points (manually) to move it left or right to get proper line i.e. not one under other in same axis. With bevel edge that's piece of cake IF modeler don't crash when you hit edge bevel tool .

P.S. Before Lw 8 i never used edge bevel (in DIs powertools plugin) but i give it a chance few times and since then it's one of my favourite tools.

Either way i can CONFIRM this BUG but sadly i can't show you way how to do it with 100% crash so i know it's hard to track it for NT team .
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial