Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Landscape with 30,000 trees

Cholo. Your site seems to be down. Any chance of fixing it so I can check out the animation and the tree.zip? It looks deadly!

IceGiant.

Custom User Title
    FPrime problem. Reduce the 2.5D motion blur percentage and allow FPrime to use Lightwave`s moblur.

Cheers,

R

Beautiful work... congratulations

dynamics...so much fun ;) prospector's Avatar
    really notice those ghosting areas. Does LW renderer do it?
    The reflections are great, something you can't get in compositing. You can almost see the trees in detail in some shots on the car.
    But the lines are still too wide. the fog lines are good solid (tho too wide) but center line would look nicer if they were the dashed ones (IMHO), and thinner too.
    excellent work tho

was looking again and noticed that here in the mountains, the 2 lanes are only 2 foot on each side of the car (with car in center of lane).
    maby that's what looks strange with the lines.......car should be bigger compared to road. It looks like you have about 6 feet on each side of car.
    Last edited by prospector; 01-13-2006 at 07:24 AM.
    Skype...lost_in_3d_space

Sager
    I7-4800 OC'd to 3.3 GHz
    12G 1600mhz mem
    GTX 765M , 765 cores 1.5 Gig mem
    256 gigs raided SSD drive

Visually Developed Monkey cholo's Avatar
    Thanks all for all the replys. I've been crazy busy lately and didn't really have time to check in. I'm hoping to have some time soon to work on a further version of my landscape with much more detail and much more realistic. The project that was made for is over now, but I could really use a very realistic road for future projects. I also spent a whole day last year photographing a street I particularly like here, and I was also hoping to use all the photos I took to make a 3d version of the street for more urban shots.

the first clip where the camera begins flying for a second made me think i too was taking off and the rest of the animations look great as well.

Ready To Learn
    That's perfectly cool!

Keep on the good work

Awesome Thread.

This has been a great thread and was vastly helpful to me in creating trees and a forest on a rolling landscape. The Clip Map and Point Clone Plus information was also great. Thank you.

Wow!

Thats Amazing! If the it comes down to it you could try Reduce Polygons +. I'm assuming you know what it is but just in case. It Lowers the Polygon count and keeps the geometry(When done in small amounts). If quality is an issue then I wouldn't do it though.
    P.S. When I first saw that, the first image that came to mind was Yellowstone National Park.
    Last edited by Eldorado; 07-17-2007 at 12:39 PM.

dear cholo

i know it is crazy but can you re-link your clipmap trees files.. i know iknow this is an old thread but still for me these renders are the best clipmap examples ever...

best

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    dear cholo

i know it is crazy but can you re-link your clipmap trees files.. i know iknow this is an old thread but still for me these renders are the best clipmap examples ever...

best
    This is them I think (hope you don't mind, cholo) .. popular thread!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

dear archijam

you rock! thanks mate...appreciate it..

Best

Excellent work man and as you know key thing to make good looking Car is environment and you have ONE . BTW Any update on project ?
    Last edited by Lewis; 12-10-2008 at 08:22 AM.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Visually Developed Monkey cholo's Avatar
    Ever since I did that project I haven't had the time to do any more fancy car animations There are quite a few environments I'd love to try and model/render but I would have to take a sabbatical Most of my recent stuff has been boring logo stuff. I did enjoy modeling the dodge logo a while back, but that's as fancy as it's gotten. Hope you guys are having more fun than I have.

PS. Glad someone found and relinked the file. My files are buried somewhere in a backup hdd, so it would've taken a while to find.
    PPS. You guys should post your own results. I'm curious to see what you come up with
    Last edited by cholo; 12-11-2008 at 01:20 AM.

Wow it is amazing, to make trees without a lot of polys, thank you very much for this treat.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345