Thread: Dynamics Help

Dynamics Help

The Image is a ball with soft body dyn and the plane is a collision object set to bounce.

The ball has collision detect on

How do I get it to not pass though the plane?

Any good starting point settings would be great or any tutorials on the basics of Lw8 dynamics to supplement the manual would also be a help.

Thanks.

Edit: Forgot Inside LW 8 Has a dynamics section. Pulled that off the shelf just now. Still, any input would be of help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Surrealist.; 06-23-2005 at 05:30 PM.

Well, I had to play with soft Fx some as most of what I know applies to hard fx, and they are certainly different.
    One thing I noticed is you have force direction in the input tab set. I played with this value and this is what makes your object fall through the collision object.
    Instead use gravity in the motion options panel. I just left the value set to 1.0 as anything higher than this seamed to make the object move too fast.
    On the deform tab, I set Collision detection to all, Exclusive detection to the collision object(this is not necessary, but I usually set it anyways.) The collision size, you will have to play with to set this right, as this effects the amount of compression you see on the object. The keep root I am not totally sure what this does I set this to all and follow to I set to follow gravity. On the Bump tab I set the compress Bump to 50%, this you may need to play with as well.
    For the collision object I just used a plane set 0m so that it sets at ground level. With a bounce power of 150%
    Hope this helps.
    Silk
    Silkrooster.com - temporarily offline due to updating...
    Spinquad Forum - Closed Sorry...
    lightwave-resources.pdf - - temporarily offline due to updating...

Yea that was a help Silk. Thanks. I'll mess with those settings.

To be honest, I wouldn't use softFX if you plan to collide properly with something. Use ClothFX with a high Hold Structure setting instead, as the collision object won't penetrate under most circumstances. SoftFX objects tend to wobble through collision objects. This needs to be fixed really :P
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy
    To be honest, I wouldn't use softFX if you plan to collide properly with something. Use ClothFX with a high Hold Structure setting instead, as the collision object won't penetrate under most circumstances. SoftFX objects tend to wobble through collision objects. This needs to be fixed really :P

Thanks for the info. My mission here is simply to find out what this stuff is good at, how it all works etc. So a big thanks. That helps alot!