Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bunch of houses!

A bunch of houses!

Hey all,
    this is pretty much what I've been working on for the most part of this month. The images were rendered with Kray.
    Here's a thread about Kray's renderer for those of you interested in learning more about it. Click!

Click on images to see higher rez.

Last edited by Jure; 06-14-2005 at 07:40 AM.

Awesome work, very photoreal, care to share some lighting setups?

UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Nice Job Jure

Could you please tell us the average render time and the resolution?
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

I don't know whether it's just me but the picture doesn't show up and the links don't work (I don't get an error message but I just get a blank screen).

Adrian.
    Adrian.

"Dreams are good, but memories are better"

Thank you for your comments.

Matt: The lighting is very simple acctualy. For exteriors HDRI skydome is used with single spotlight acting as a sun. For interiors I used luminous polygons in place of glass.

pixym: The average render time for exteriors was 30-45mins for 2048x1536px image. For interiors the render times were 1.5 hrs at 2500x1800px.

Adrian: other people have experienced similar problems. I don't know yet what might be causing it. I've put files to mirror location also, you can try it here: http://www2.arnes.si/~ssdjjude/kray/

Very nice.

I can't fault any of those pictures!!

Did you model the tiles on the roof manually?

How did you get them looking so realistic - I mean, they look as if they actually "belong" in those pictures!

Excellent renders, all of them.

Were you working from plans or photos? Sorry, so many questions!

Adrian.

P.S. Haven't had a chance to check the link re: Kray so aplogies if the answer to my question is contained therein....
    Adrian.

"Dreams are good, but memories are better"

Quote Originally Posted by adrian
    I can't fault any of those pictures!!

Did you model the tiles on the roof manually?

How did you get them looking so realistic - I mean, they look as if they actually "belong" in those pictures!

Excellent renders, all of them.

Were you working from plans or photos? Sorry, so many questions!

Adrian.

P.S. Haven't had a chance to check the link re: Kray so aplogies if the answer to my question is contained therein....
    Hey! thanks for your comments/questions...

Yes I modeled the tiles on a few houses on others there's just a texture. I was trying to match the lighting of the photo as close as possible and there was quite some work in Photoshop to make the renders "fit in".
    All the houses were build from plan views - Autocad drawings that I imported into LW.

Hi Jure,

The compositing is very convincing. The lighting is great.

How did you create the hdri's? Are those your own photos? Care to enlighten me? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian
    I don't know whether it's just me but the picture doesn't show up and the links don't work (I don't get an error message but I just get a blank screen).

Adrian.

me too ......I see only red x's
    why?

All I see are red x's also
    From the land of 9 months of winter and 3 months of poor sledding

Here's a mirror for those of you who cant see images:

Great! I am doing some similar work but have huge render times. What are your general settings? I am suffering under 35+ hour render times. What hardware are you using?

They tell the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmdesigner
    Great! I am doing some similar work but have huge render times. What are your general settings? I am suffering under 35+ hour render times. What hardware are you using?

They tell the story.
    The render times specified in post above were done on single Opteron 242 processor. I have dual machine but since Kray doesn't support multithreading yet only one porcessor is used for rendering. But I tried to render two scenes at once whenever it was possible to take advantage of dual processors.
    In attachment are settings I used for most of the houses...
    Attached Files Attached Files

I haven't worked out how to output a full list of all my settings so I can post them for people to comment on. These settings are from Kray? This is a renderer I know little about, but I will try to translate them.

Hopefully I will have a nice, crisp render to post by tomorrow. I look forward everyone's comments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast