Thread: ScreamerNet - Proper Path to Content

ScreamerNet - Proper Path to Content

Revamping our SN which I pretty much up and running but I have one major glitch...

After I copy over the content to the shared content directory, the nodes can not locate the proper object files though they render the frames (sans objects). Looking at the command prompt window for the nodes shows that they are trying to load the objects from the former local directory using the full path.

Example - Instead of \objects\box.lwo they're looking for H:\Animation\LW\Content\objects\box.lwo

How do I force SN to use the relative path to the objects folder and not the full path written to the scene file?

I'd appreciate the info. Feel like I'm overlooking something small here.

Devin

PS - Will also be reposting this to cgtalk...

I posted this to CGTalk as well, but for the benefit of anyone here who's interested (and doesn't go to CGTalk)...

You can't in SN - You'll have to correct the paths yourself, but luckily there are a few tools you can use...

You can correct things if you use Content Manager in Layout to either consolidate (pull all files into current content directory) or Export your current scene and all its components out to a new content directory. I use this a lot to clean up final scenes into a new content directory. Note that any PFX/MDD files will need to be manually moved as Content manager only see's Objects, images and scenes.

Second tool you can use is Lean Clean Scene Machine (LCSM), a free plugin I wrote to use to fix common issues like this, as well as many others. You can download the latest version from NewTek Europe - It tries to correct relative filepaths with absolute paths that match, amongst a tonne of other features... Make sure to read the Manual...

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/comm...hillips/3.html

This is more a case of remembering to set the content directory correctly at the start of a project, and take care to be in the right place each time you work on a project - Not doing so ends up with these kinds of lovely issues.

Good luck!

Kev.
    -- --
    100 Days challenge 2014 : 800 Bits

Personal Blog :Personal Blog
    NZLWUG : Facebook / Blog
    -- --

As mentioned on cgtalk, LCSM did the trick since I failed to set up the proper content directory in the beginning (doh!). Thanks a mill!

Quote Originally Posted by kevman3d

Second tool you can use is Lean Clean Scene Machine (LCSM), a free plugin .

Best name.... EVER!