Thread: Type 1 Fonts not working in 7.5d and 10.3.6

Type 1 Fonts not working in 7.5d and 10.3.6

I am having trouble with fonts in 7.5d.

I can't use ANY Type 1 fonts . . . no matter what I try to use, I get an error saying the font isn't a type 1.

When I try to use the TrueType option, the fonts always come out very over-pixelated and uselss.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

have you tried using the fonts supplied with the install? in my opinion your best bet is to create your text in Illustrator ( or similar) and convert the text to paths > save as eps file (or .ai file) you can then import that file into modeler. Make sure that if its an illustrator file that you save as a version 8 file or earlier otherwise it wont work.

Colin
    Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair
    after a sneeze.

Quote Originally Posted by noiseboy
    have you tried using the fonts supplied with the install? in my opinion your best bet is to create your text in Illustrator ( or similar) and convert the text to paths > save as eps file (or .ai file) you can then import that file into modeler. Make sure that if its an illustrator file that you save as a version 8 file or earlier otherwise it wont work.

Colin
    I didn't know about those installed fonts. Those work, at least most of the ones I tried - a couple gave an error. Now I just can't figure out what it is about those fonts provided by LW on the install and the Postscript fonts in my collection. Oh well. I can always use the EPS root. I was hoping that in some cases I could avoid the extra step of going to illustrator.

Thanks for the info.

The other thing about tt fonts in LW is that they dont remain in your fontlist from session to session. I suspect the font issue is a windows/mac thing so I wont go there...

Good luck

Colin
    Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair
    after a sneeze.

Fonts in Lightwave on the Mac are pretty horrible. Hopefully 8.3 will address these problems.